It's a Date | Pinterest Progress!

Oct 12, 2014



You know those hundreds of ideas and projects I've had nicely organized and pinned to my Pinterest boards? You know, the ones that I've never made time for? You know, the ones that make me feel guilty for having not completed them and can usually make me avoid Pinterest so I'm not disappointed? 

You should see me! I'm actually doing them! I've completed 4-5 projects right from my Pinterest boards in the last two months. I call that progress. It's fun to see how being intentional with my me time has actually allowed me to get some of those fun DIYs done without feeling guilty for not doing something else "more productive".

The past few weeks, while my It's a Date posts have been hit or miss, my me time hasn't been. They've consisted of propping my feet to read during nap time, participating in a craft night with some new, local friends, and spending time putting up some fun fall decorations around our otherwise aesthetically un-pleasing home. 

M and I enjoyed our getaway alone to Atlanta (thanks, Grandpa & Grandma!). After my emotions settled down from missing my baby and feeling so off for the first little while, we really enjoyed each other and our time there. Part of our plan while there was to visit  Ikea and get a few things for Noah and his almost-completed room. One of those items was a stool so he can have better access to the sink and counters and gain some independence with things like putting his dishes up and brushing his teeth. 

I decided to get the stool in natural wood so I could be more flexible with paint and colors. I finally settled on this design. It's nothing fancy or bright, but just the right amount of clean lines and detail. Last week, M had to be out of town for work and Noah and I spent a night alone at home before heading to Virginia for the rest of the week. I put Noah to bed, got my tape, paint, and brush, turned on The Voice, and enjoyed painting. 

 I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out and Noah really loves being able to see what's going on when I'm in the kitchen. It was one of the easiest projects I've done so far. I'm not sure what craftiness I'll attempt next. I have a few things in mind. I'm trying to choose things that can be done in a relatively short amount of time since, you know, I'm about to have a baby!

Tune in this week for some new posts- a possible last pregnancy update, some adorable pictures of Noah and what we've been up to lately, and maybe a new fall recipe!

3 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the stool! It turned out so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The step stool really does look great, but oh my goodness, I never realized how adorable pajama pants look on miniature legs… he's kind of stealing the show. ;)

    ReplyDelete