currently

Oct 18, 2014


feeling | super pregnant and more than ready to go into labor. I'm 38 weeks and 3 days and am so excited to meet our boy. It's a funny thing, housework...it just shows up everyday even when you just got done with it. Staying on top of it enough to feel comfortable going into labor and not having a trashed house is getting harder to do!

smelling | cinnamon sticks, orange peel, and apples simmering on the stove top. All I have to do is add water every day and it's amazing how far the wonderful scent will travel- even to our second floor. When the windows are open in the morning the whole house feels and smells like autumn. 

reading | Christ in the Chaos by Kimm Crandall. Every Friday I get together with other mamas and talk about how God has used the week's chapters in our lives. The book is giving me a new perspective on Grace and motherhood and I'm thankful. 

listening |  to my favorites from Kari Jobe this week. Noah, on the other hand, keeps requesting "Let It Go" from frozen. We'll be driving and he says, "Mama, wone, let doh, let doh, hmmmhmmmm moh" (Mama, phone, let it go, let it go, *mumble* anymore). He gets so excited when I put it on and usually hums or sings to the chorus. When it goes off he always says "Meh" (more).

cooking | lots of soups and chili! I've been waiting for these easy dinners and love how hearty and filling they are. So far we've done chili, homemade chicken noodle, and spicy Italian sausage and lentil soup (Carrabba style!). They're easy to freeze, too, so I've got about 5-6 full meals in the freezer ready for the next month. 

planning | on using and being in front of the camera more often. I want to be able to have pictures of me with my children instead of just them, or just them with M. I need to be more comfortable with handing someone else the camera and not feeling bad asking them to take a few candid shots. I'm starting out right with baby boy as we've hired a birth photographer. I'm so excited to get to have such special documentation of his birth and our first moments together.

deciding | between blog designs (in case you haven't noticed the random changes!). I don't know why, but I'm so wishy-washy when it comes to Hey Kelsea Rae. I paid for a wonderful blog redesign last year and it was amazing, but not quite me after awhile. I'll be honest, I've been feeling a bit uninspired. I'm a little hit or miss with writing, I can't decide on the overall design or look I'm going for, and because of that, I've not been successful at "branding", staying consistent, or becoming passionate about it. And the thing is, I want to be. I want to figure it all out because this blog has been a wonderful outlet for me in the last few years and I love being creative. I think I like too many design styles that vary quite a bit and don't know which of those mesh and which don't. 

thankful for | a patient husband who lets me sleep in and knows how to do pretty much anything around here, the sweetest boy ever who rarely holds back his kisses and hugs, new friends who have made the last few months bearable and wonderful, and weekends with my guys at home. 

5 comments:

  1. You're so close to having your little boy!!! Love that bump photo! I really need to make me a pot of that good smelling autumn brew. Just cinnamon sticks, orange peel, and apples, you say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a smooth and uneventful delivery and a smooth transition into mothering two. Always enjoy stopping by and taking a glimpse into your life. Blessings abundant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like life is pretty good currently. I like the new look. It feels very Kelsea but the old one did too. I say write from your heart when your heart tells you to speak, when you can't keep the words in, when they write themselves in your heart. And let them become their own real branding on the hearts of others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love receiving your blog posts in my email box Kelsea! I'm with you on the blog redesign. I too am in a creative funk and I'm constantly updating/redesigning. It's not ideal for "branding" but there are so many different styles that are just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH!!! Your little guy will be here so soon!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete