looking ahead

Sep 12, 2014

Well, if you were expecting my It's A Date results, you'll have to wait until next week. I'm sad to say that this week didn't quite go as planned. In fact, it was pretty rough. I'm trying to move on and realize that some weeks are better than others. Some days I'll feel like I've got this mom thing down and other days I'll feel like I'm failing all around. I'm working on giving myself grace. 

Sometimes when I'm having an off week, I try to focus on fun things we've got coming up. Here's what I'm looking forward to over the next few months!
Babymoon
While I was pregnant with Noah we were working hard on paying off our student loans. My entire income and any extra money we had went to grand old Sallie Mae. Taking a weekend away wasn't a top priority. Fast forward two years later and a lot has changed. We're debt free except our house, we spent a lot of time in limbo with our moving situation, and we have yet to have time away and alone as a couple. I breastfed for the first 18 months of Noah's life and it wasn't until a couple of weekends ago that we spent our first night apart (and he was with M!). I will most likely breastfeed our second boy for just as long, if not longer, so if we don't get in a weekend alone before I deliver, we might not get one for awhile! Basically, it's time. It may have been time awhile ago! Because we're in Chattanooga, and because M's parents are coming here to keep Noah for the weekend, we're going to Atlanta. It's less than two hours away but a great destination with plenty of fun things to do. Who am I kidding- Ikea is there!  I'm a little nervous since this will be the first time Noah will be away from both of us at night, but we fully trust M's parents and know that Noah will be just fine.
March 2014

A Weekend with Friends
Our friends Liz and Kyle and their little cutie Reid are coming to visit next weekend! We haven't seen them since we moved to Chattanooga in May and we've missed them! Reid and Noah have so much fun together. We can't wait to see them, show them around Chattanooga, and have some fun!
A Finished Hallway
This remodel is taking a bit longer than I'd like. It's frustrating that I can't be of more help in speeding things along. Most things are pretty heavy, a lot of it has to be left up to Michael because his engineering mind can handle all the calculations, and painting isn't an option for this pregnant mama. I've been handling things like making lists, staying organized, and keeping up with our budget (aka reminding M that we don't really need that one tool and that we're nearing our remodel budget for the week!). We're a pretty good team, but it would still be nice if we had tons of extra hands around to do some labor! Noah's room is finished (just finishing up some decor items!) and we're now in the hallway phase. We've been walking on subfloor for over a month and I'm over it and the mess. Our doors are without trim and walls without baseboards. We finally talked yesterday and made a little progression plan to keep ourselves on track. Hopefully by the time baby comes we will have the top stair landing completed, woods floors down, craftsman trim around every door, and all the trim and baseboards painted white. Even if it takes awhile to get to the other bedrooms, I think having the hallway done will make our upstairs feel more complete.
Anyone else still mourning Matthew?
Fall TV
This is kind of a pathetic thing to look forward to, but I just can't help it! There are so many good shows I enjoy and their season premiers are coming up soon! In order - Chicago Fire, Parenthood, The Walking Dead, and Hart of Dixie. I'm looking forward to January even more when I can watch my absolute favorites- Downtown Abbey and Call the Midwife.

Having a Baby
This seems like an obvious one to include, but I really am so excited to give birth again. I'm so thankful that labor is not something I fear but am ready to embrace. These last few weeks have been rough with foot pain and uncomfortable sleep, so I think it may only get worse. I'm ready to meet this baby boy yesterday. My mindset has been different this pregnancy and I feel much more emotionally connected to the process. In the next few weeks I've got quite a few things to get and  this Type-A mama is looking forward to marking everything off my list!
 
With all of that coming up, I'm going to embrace this weekend, make it better than the week, and enjoy my family.
 
I want to get to know you a bit. What fun things do you have going on this month?

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had a rough week Let me know if you ever need to talk or need help with anything.

    I'm looking forward to fall tv too, but mostly football. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how fun that you have a baby moon to look forward to! I'm sure you'll both have such a wonderful time away together. I have yet to spend the night away from Emerson; we talked about going away for a night and leaving E with his grandparents, but I just can't do it. I may have issues. You are inspiring me to really consider doing that. I hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete