It's a Date | Noah's Pallet Art Completed!

Sep 19, 2014



This week my goal was to finally finish Noah's pallet piece for his new room! M helped me gather the pallet from his parents' stash, my dad helped me disassemble the pallet and put it together, and I brought it home a few weeks ago where it sat until earlier this week! 

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous the past few days and has drawn me outside more than normal. I first washed the wood and set it out in the breeze to dry. Once M got home from work, the three of us went outside to enjoy the weather and I got to work painting the pallet. I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to do it and thankfully M suggested grey for the mountains. I used a cheap brush from Walmart and found a stroke pattern that allowed the grain color to seep through. This helped the mountains look more realistic with some dimension. 
This wasn't exactly alone time, but it is something I've been wanting to do and I enjoyed seeing it come together and feeling productive. Noah's room is close to being completed and I can't wait to display it on his wall and put together the final reveal post!

In case you've missed the blog in the last few weeks and want some fun weekend reading material....

...I wrote about several things we're looking forward to (including our Babymoon next weekend!)

...I talked about some personal challenges in motherhood.

...I painted bowls and made a fun chalkboard tray for my other "It's a Date" posts!

...I reviewed Younique's 3D Fiber Lashes!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment: