Bebe Two | 30 Weeks

Aug 21, 2014

How can it be almost September already? This pregnancy has flown by in so many ways. I thought it would be fun to do a Q&A style post today so I stay on topic and so all the typical pregnancy bases are covered!

How far along are you?
As of today I'm 30 weeks! My fundal height has consistently been a week and a half ahead and my midwife and I agreed I was probably just carrying baby boy differently than I did Noah. I don't think I look huge, but some days I feel more like 36 weeks instead of 30!

Have you been feeling baby move?
All the time! Noah was a squirmer and his brother is giving him a run for his money! He also has the hiccups worse than Noah ever did. Sometimes when I get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and lay back down my whole belly jolts with each hiccup.

Any aches or pains?
I have low back problems and they've been magnified as I've gained weight and not been as diligent about good posture (I'm such a sloucher!). I found a great chiropractor here in Chattanooga and I can tell a big difference in pain since seeing her. She is certified in Webster technique and gives the most thorough adjustments I've ever had, including some that will help my pelvis be aligned for a good delivery. If I'm on my feet very long they start to hurt, but they don't swell. If I am on the go all day and don't remember to take a break every so often, my legs and feet will hurt so bad I can't sleep. I try to put my feet up for about half an hour every few hours and it seems to help relieve some of that pain. The best is when I can convince Michael to give me a foot rub right before bed!

Food Cravings? 
It's always sweets. I've been craving anything with carbonation and BoBerry biscuits with extra icing from Bojangles. I try to only indulge once a week. I know, I know- it's embarrassing for this real foods enthusiast, but sometimes I give in even though I know how terribly awful it is for me. 80/20 rule, right?

Any drastic body changes?
Besides carrying a basketball in the front of my body? I'm finally starting to notice the linea nigra appear, my skin feels nice and soft most of the time, and my hair is thick and less greasy than normal. Oh and did I mention an extra 22 pounds hanging around?

What are you having? Do you have a name picked out yet?
It's a boy! We have two names picked out and one of us likes one and one likes the other, of course! We haven't felt the need to decide right away so I think we'll hash it out among ourselves first before sharing.

All about baby.
Right now baby boy is almost 16 inches long, weighs 3 pounds, and is about the size of a large cabbage. Noah was 8 pounds and 4 ounces so I'm curious how big baby will be and when he will come! He likes to butt up right against my ribs on whichever side he's turned towards and sometimes I have to push on him so he'll move.

How is mama feeling? 
I've felt good this week. I've made effort to reach out to people in the area, went to my first MOPS meeting yesterday, have made sure Noah and I are doing something productive during the day, and we've made progress in our remodel. I'm still exhausted at the end of every day and it's hard to wake up in the morning, but I've felt more motivated recently than I have in awhile. I met with our birth photographer this week and am so excited about having this birth documented. I have a long, long list of things to do, make, and prepare for this birth and only 10 weeks or less to get it all done! I'm hoping my Type A personality will motivate me to start checking things off of my list!

What is your favorite moment of this week?
As was well-known in the "moms of toddlers" crowd, Daniel Tiger (of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood on PBS) met his baby sister this week! The hour-long episode premiered on Monday morning and talked all about Daniel and his family preparing for baby's arrival. At one point Daniel kissed his mom's belly. I said to Noah, "Aw, he gave his baby sister a kiss!" and Noah turned around, lifted up my shirt, rubbed my belly, and planted a sweet little kiss on his baby brother. It was so sweet!

1 comment: