let loose

Jun 9, 2014

Noah has been a trooper the past month through this transient stage of relocation. We don't give him too many restrictions as long as we feel he is safe. He usually has room to roam, explore, get messy, and have fun. We tried to make sure that even during this move, he didn't feel restricted, frustrated, or confined. 

During our week at the hotel, we made sure we did some fun things for him. We visited the pool at least once a day, and thank God for wonderful grandparents (M's parents) who spent the weekend with us and helped with that! We visited the splash pad, walked all around town, and tried to make sure we had a consistent nap time for him (the KEY to a good day, in my opinion!).

Since moving into the house, we've had a little less of that fun stuff. We  met M for lunch one day downtown hear his office, visited a new park, and lounged at the neighborhood pool. Most days, though? It's mostly been unpacking and making a million trips to Lowe's. I knew he was feeling it and I felt bad as his mommy that we hadn't gone out and let loose. I've also wanted to start getting him involved in creative things, like drawing, messy paints, different textures, etc. 

I went out to Target and got him a big drawing pad and some "super-washable" markers and let him go to town. Not super messy, but at least something active and colorful! He did great at mostly keeping on the paper instead of the floor. Once he got a few marks on his skin, he decided to go to town and color his legs and hands. 
 This was his first little drawing and I'd love to frame it and hang it in his new room. Next up? I plan to make these fun and safe finger paints and let him go to town!

Now that we're settled in, I plan to make more of our days. We just got a membership to our neighborhood pool, I'm looking into swim lessons for Noah, prenatal yoga classes for myself, and possibly putting myself out there for local mommy group play dates (totally takes work on my part!). So even though it's a Monday, this week looks good! 

How's your Monday going? 

4 comments:

  1. transition can be so hard on little ones. so good you guys had time to get some fun in. and those washable markers are such a save too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Days at the pool and yoga classes sound lovely! Glad you guys are starting to get settled into your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you're being so attentive in making sure that your little guy is still learning and growing during this moving process! And I'm also so amazed at how many pregnant bloggers there right now that are moving at the same time. I can barely do the laundry during my pregnancy let alone set up a whole new house! I'm very impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete