goodbye & hello

Jun 6, 2014

Two and a half weeks ago we said goodbye to our little house in Dickson, Tennessee. That morning, Noah and I went for a little walk around the yard. For him, it was getting to go "out-tide". For me, it was a small chance for closure - to walk around our house, give a silent thankful prayer to God for all that He has shown me and the ways that he has grown me while we lived there. I held back tears off and on the last two days as the movers packed and loaded and it wasn't easy when we made our final pull out of the driveway.

Before we left, the new owners stopped by to do some measuring for their new furniture. I had to walk into our empty garage and gain some composure before they walked our way to meet. They're a young family who just had their first baby boy. The family we bought the house from brought their first baby boy home to that house, and we did the same. They'll get to see their baby boy grow, explore, change, blossom- just like we did. And oddly enough, that made me feel better.



So what have we been up to since then? 

+We lived in a hotel for a week and frequented the pool and fun restaurants here in Chattanooga. 

+We've explored tons of fun things to do and I can't wait to write about them!

+We closed on our house a week and a half ago and moved in the next day. 

+We're unpacked for the most part and finally eating home-cooked meals again! 

+We paid off our last student loan and are now debt-free (go Dave Ramsey!) except our mortgage!

+ I'm 19 weeks as of yesterday and we find out the gender of baby this coming Tuesday! 

We've had a crazy month and I'm thankful that we're able to get back into some sort of routine. This little blog hasn't had much attention the last few months, but with a new town to explore, a baby on the way, and starting the adventure of remodeling our house a room at a time, I'm excited to document it all! 

Happy Weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Goodbyes are always hard, but new chapters are always fun. Congrats on being almost debt free! My husband and I are currently going through FPU. Chattanooga has some fantastic places to eat. You should try out Tony's Pasta for dinner and Rembrants for desert over in the Art District, or try our Big River Grille downtown. Those 3 are some of our favorite places to eat. I hope you love Chattanooga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many exciting things happening in your life right now!!! Love it! Thanks to Dave Ramsey we are also debt free (except for our mortgage) and it is such a great feeling, right!?! Congrats on that!

    Can't wait to hear what that little babe is! I'm voting girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! You're in Chattanooga?! I live very close to there and absolutely LOVE that city. I hope you enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much goodness is happening right now for you! I can't WAIT to find out the gender of your baby. I'm guessing girl. :-) We have our ultrasound scheduled for July 2nd (our anniversary) and I'm so eagerly anticipating getting to know our little one a little bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The baby boys in the house...what a beautiful thing! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures, and can't wait to find out the gender of your babe!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of exciting things going on in your life. So glad you were able to get settled in your new home and area well before the new baby arrives. Wishing you all the best in your new home and know you'll make some wonderful new friends. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh, I can't wait for a gender reveal... So excited for you! Curious about which hotel you wound up crashing in- after a bunch of research and deliberation I just booked ours for our vacation and I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete