undeniable blessings

May 7, 2014

I don't even know where to start today.

We've had so many wonderful and crazy things happen in the last two weeks, and I've been so excited to tell everyone in our lives. Today, I think I feel ready to spill it all here, too. My heart is just so full of gratefulness and anticipation of what is to come. 

We had a full week in Chattanooga during our house-hunting trip and ended up finding a house that we loved. At the time, our current house wasn't on the market and we weren't able to put an offer in. We got a call on our way to family's house for Easter weekend that someone else had put in an offer. We were really bummed, but decided that we'd keep looking.

We had an amazing Easter weekend in North Carolina. M's entire family was able to come and we loved getting to be together. Noah loved M's cousin's girls and they played hard all weekend. After the weekend was over, M came back home and Noah and I went to Virginia for the week to help my dad after his shoulder surgery.
M's aunt bought baby ducklings and named them after the three littlest family members. They'll eventually make their way to Virginia to M's grandparents' pond.

During that week we were apart, our house was finally put on the market. It was listed on a Wednesday, had two showings on Thursday, two offers by Thursday evening, and a contract in on Friday morning. We could not believe it! I was pretty confident our house would sell quick, but we had no clue it would happen that fast! On top of the timing, the offers themselves were more than what we were expecting to get. Financially, this is a huge blessing!

A week later, after Noah and I had arrived back home with M, we got a call from our realtor in Chattanooga letting us know that it looked like the offer on the house we loved there was going to fall through! The buyer was asking the seller to do all kinds of repairs and had apparently backed out of three other houses after the inspection was done. We gave a verbal offer to the seller, eventually put in an official back-up contract in, and found out yesterday that the other buyers released their contract. The seller accepted our offer and the house is ours!

I know what you're thinking....things like this just don't happen every day. People don't sell their house in two days and then see the contract on the house they love fall through right around the time they're able to put in an offer. All I can say is that this is God. 

I found myself praying this week, "God, please let this house work out, please let us get this, we want it so badly". And then I felt a shift in my spirit. I felt led to pray about His will. I felt so strongly about this house, but what if He had something better? And by better, I don't even mean better by my standard, but better by His. I was able to just let go and trust that He would provide the desires of our heart, even if it wasn't what we thought we wanted. We waited about a week to hear anything official and the phone call from our realtor was wonderful to get. We close on our current home on May 24th and on our new home on May 27th, meaning our things will only need to be in storage for about a week and we won't have to pay for a hotel for more than a week.

I'm feeling all kinds of things. I'm feeling relief that our unknowns are now, for the most part, knowns. I'm feeling excited to go to Chattanooga and start making our new house a home. I'm feeling thankful that our financial discipline is paying off. I'm sad to be leaving our current home and town- this is the first home we bought together, we brought Noah home to this house, we became a family here, we lost sleep here, we've made some friends here, I've felt lonely here, and we've begun adding to our family of three here.

I'm also feeling the absence of the blog from my life. It's been nice to have a break, but I don't think I realized how much I loved putting time into this space. I've been so busy that the time hasn't been there, but I'm looking forward to getting back to writing and interacting as life allows. I've barely written about this pregnancy and I can't wait to share more about that, too. 

The next few weeks will be insanely busy. If you think about it, any prayers, thoughts, encouragement, or tips will be greatly welcomed and appreciated!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so excited that you got the house!! I saw some new house pins of yours and was wondering if that meant you had some news. What a blessing! Can't wait to see pictures of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOAH! So exciting!!! can't wait to see how the next few weeks will unfold for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kelsea, this made my heart SMILE really big! I love to see God "do His thing" in the lives of those that are seeking Him and His will. What a testimony to His perfect timing. Many blessings in the busy days ahead. Always a joy to stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lord works in mysterious ways! So happy for you and your family! I can't wait to hear more about your new little :)

    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing! I'm glad God worked things out so wonderfully for you guys.

    ReplyDelete