Monday Letters

May 12, 2014

1. my sweet mama and Mamaw loving on Noah. 2. 15.3 weeks on Mother's Day! 3. Rita's Italian Ice after playing in the water fountain in Knoxville. 4. Walking up the creek at the local state park.

Dear M, thank you for being so nice on Mother's Day. Sorry I got mad at you for being late to dinner the night before when you were only trying to finish my gift. You're a sweetie! 

Dear Noah, you are the sweetest boy I have ever, ever met. I used to never want you to grow up, and I still kind of don't, but I'm so excited to get to be your mommy as you get older, experience new things, and come into your own. It's a privilege I don't take for granted. I promise I won't be the mom who'll keep you from flying.

Dear Baby, we get to find out if you're a girl or boy in about three or four weeks. I could wait and be surprised, but your daddy is not okay with waiting. I've felt tiny little flutters only a couple of times and I can't wait to feel you more and more as you grow.

Dear maternity shorts waistband, I love and hate you at the same time. I love you because you're comfortable for my growing belly. I hate you because you make all my shirts ride up, exposing yourself to everyone. Nobody wants to see the belly band!

Dear Dickson, it's been an interesting three years. I hated you at first, tolerated you after that, and kind of grew to like you...sorta kinda. But now that we're parting ways, the thing I'll miss the most are the friends you hold. That....and the memories of becoming a family of two, a family of three, and working towards a family of four. Give me ten days, then it's sayonara!

Dear God, You have shown your hand in my life more clearly in the last month that I've felt in a long time. I was feeling weak and doubtful and self-centered, and I remember asking You to show Yourself to me, that I needed it more than ever. I'm so thankful that you only need an invitation and you come in as Father. You are good, You are faithful, You are in control. 

Happy Monday! 

6 comments:

  1. Such a great post! Congrats on your newest addition...you look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a beautiful Mother's Day Kelsea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting to find out if you're having a baby boy or girl so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so so happy to know that God is speaking and revealing Himself to you. I pray that He continues to do so!
    I'm excited for you to find out about baby girl or boy! Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet, sweet, heartfelt letter Kelsea. All the best as you make this move and I can't wait to hear if it's another little boy or a little girl. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait...what?!! How did I miss your announcement?! I'm so behind! Ahhh!!! Congrats! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete