winds of change are blowing

Apr 9, 2014

You might have noticed that it's been a little quiet on the blog the last month or so. Some of that has been intentional as I've been trying to be more introspective and present. However, a pretty big part of my absence has to do with something fun!






Yep, that's right! We're expecting baby #2! We couldn't be more thrilled to be adding to our family.  I will be 11 weeks tomorrow. 

So far, this pregnancy has left me with many of the same symptoms that I had with Noah. I've been really nauseous and exhausted all morning and afternoon, and it finally begins to wane around three or four. What this means for my day, and unfortunately for the blog, is that most of the things I need to do and want to do get put off until late afternoon or evening. As far as the blog, it doesn't really work to sit at the computer while Noah's awake (he wants to press ALL the keys!) and by the time he goes down for the night I'm ready to do the same! Thankfully he's starting to sleep better so I'm getting a little more sleep, too.

My appetite has been wrecked completely. Right now I consider myself in survival mode when it comes to eating and just have to eat what it is that my body is able to get down. Noah is still nursing some, too, so I'm trying to make sure I'm eating enough. Noah's second trimester treated me much better, so I'm hoping my body follows suit again! Also, I've cried more in the past two weeks that I have in the past six months. These hormones aren't joking.

We usually try to keep ultrasounds at a minimum, but my anxiety needed to know that things looked okay. Our seven week ultrasound looked great and at my last appointment with my midwife we were able to hear baby's heartbeat strong and steady. I'm still trying to figure out where and with whom I'll deliver because of our move, but thankfully we've got some time to figure that out. 

In other news, we had a fun weekend! It started with a drive through our new town for a meeting M had. Noah and I explored town a little and had fun playing in the water fountain at Coolidge Park downtown while M was gone. Afterwards, we met up with M's family near Asheville, NC to help his dad and brother celebrate their birthdays! We had a nice cabin on top of a beautiful mountain, spent some time exploring, enjoyed a wonderful Italian dinner on a rooftop downtown, and enjoyed spending time together.




I'm so thankful for weekends like this to relax, rest, and recharge. This next month is literally jammed packed for us! We've got to put our house on the market, schedule a house-hunting trip, work with our realtor in Chattanooga, and keep our house ready at all times. We've got a fun Easter weekend planned with M's entire extended family in NC and we couldn't be more excited to all be in once place together for the first time in a few years! Afterwards, I'll be spending a week in Virginia with my dad after he has shoulder surgery, he'll come back home with us for a week, then we'll finish up April by helping my mom celebrate her 50th birthday! 

I'm actually kind of glad I'll be that busy. Maybe because it will help me get ready to detach from our little home (I get choked up writing that!), or maybe because I'm getting tired of being home all day feeling stuck. Maybe it's healthy to start detaching, and maybe it's not. I'm curious how my hormones will play into how well I adjust to these changes coming up. I'm thankful for a husband who listens and supports me no matter what. 

So that's what's going on in our lives and we couldn't be more excited! I'll be back tomorrow for Total Truth Thursday and I'm going to talk about something I feel pretty strongly about. Will you be linking up? I'd love to hear your total truth!

22 comments:

  1. Yay for newbies! Sorry you're feeling rough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAY!! Congratulations!!!! I hope you start feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on number two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, mama!!! So sorry you've been feeling poorly - I hope things get better really soon. :) HUGS

    Love and light,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations!! A sweet little Chattanooga baby - how absolutely perfect. I'm so happy for you and your darling little family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Lot's of exciting changes for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats awesome! CONGRATS! My hubby and I are ready for baby #2 as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!!

    http://agodfashionedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for baby #2! You do have a crazy busy schedule ahead but I say take it a day at a time and eventually it all gets done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so excited for you!!!!! This is such a fun reason to step away from blogging! :) can't wait to hear about and see this new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww. Praise God! Congratulations, you have the most adorable family!

    http://lovedanica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am literally so sad thinking of you leaving. But, so excited for your new journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yayayayayyay!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blessings abundant on this precious new life. I know the Lord will direct your paths as you move, adjust and get all settled before the little one comes. All the best......

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! I seriously swear every blogger so far that I've known who's gotten preggo has disappeared from their blog for no reason and then appeared again with a pregnancy announcement! I guess it's the nausea getting everyone down. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats sweet lady!!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! I hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete