life lately

Mar 31, 2014

photo via
moving, for real this time!
Remember that one time we were going to move and got all excited about it? And then remember when, after waiting for four months to hear something, it didn't happen? Well, we're actually moving this time! We'll be relocating to Chattanooga at the end of May. Michael will still be with the same company, but quiet a few things will be different about his position. We're working with a relocation company and are pretty close to putting our house on the market. His company will come in, pack everything for us, and move us - a huge blessing. They've been moving pretty fast on a lot of the details and we're looking forward to seeing what's in store for us in the next couple of months. Chattanooga is a beautiful city. We're excited to get back to living near the mountains and all that offers, and we're really excited about being close enough to the city to enjoy all it has to offer.

yoga
A friend and I joined our local gym together a little over a month ago. We're both moms and our boys are only a month apart. After unsuccessful attempts at the gym daycare, we decided to swap babysitting for each other so we can get a few workouts in during the week. I've been doing Yoga and Pilates and have loved both. My favorite would have to be yoga, though. I love how I feel afterwards and now that Noah is well taken care of during that time, I love that I can relax my brain (as much as possible for me!) for a whole hour and focus on energizing, balancing, breathing, and toning.

the blog & my heart
I haven't written much in the last couple of weeks.  I just haven't had the will to sit down and write. I needed a break. I feel like I have spent so much of my life making bold statements and having strong thoughts (not necessarily on the blog) and lately I've felt a quieting of my spirit, a call to rest in the silence and to really look inward instead of always looking outward and making drastic proclamations about people, things...anything. I feel humbled. I'm inviting love and understanding into a place that once gripped tightly to pride. I've also been overwhelmed...overwhelmed reading all the blogs I love, by the process of it all, by feeling like I don't have anything to offer, and I'm thinking that means I take it slow and write when my heart is ready and I'm inspired, not just so I don't become a forgotten space. 

sunshine 
It's amazing, and very irritating, how much my mood is dependent on the weather. If it's rainy and cold out, depression and anxiety like to come in and have an extra loud party. And since we've had a lot of cold weather and not much sunshine this entire winter, you can bet the past few months have been harder than normal. Today and the rest of this week is supposed to be warm and sunny and I feel myself lifted already. Sometimes I take things like the weather for granted, but today I'm going to be extra thankful for the sun, for Vitamin D, and for a day when things don't feel so dark and gloomy.

What about you? I've fallen off the blog reading wagon lately. Tell me something you've got going on!

8 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you are able to swap babysitting days with a friend so you can go to the gym! It is always easier to enjoy your time away from your baby when you know he (she) is being well taken care of by a trusted person in your life! I love yoga too but don't get to do much of it :) enjoy!

    Like you, I've been a little absent from blog land lately... sometimes you just need to take a break :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, Chattanooga! That's only a quick drive from Atlanta, where I live. It really is a cool town. I'd love to live there one day, too! Right now, I'm on spring break and I'm making plans for summer vacay. Hello, Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great your making the gym a priority! Nothing wrong being a little quiet on the blog, as long as your not too quiet....I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new and exciting move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - Chattanooga! That is the prettiest little city, ever. Seriously. I am so happy for you guys. This must be a fairly rough transition, but I think you will do amazingly down there. A pretty little river city :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Chattanooga, what a beautiful place. Glad things are working out for a move this time.

    I think we all often feel the need to step back from our blogs from time to time. It can be so refreshing.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like so many amazing things are happening for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the move to Chattanooga! I've never been but I've heard lovely things about it. All is well here...just chasing a toddler and growing a human. Life of a mom. :)

    ReplyDelete