five on friday

Feb 21, 2014

one | Yesterday was my beautiful sister's birthday. You guys would love her if you met her. She's so funny, says what's on her mind, and is just a wonderful woman inside and out. Her husband just recently got back from over a year-long overseas contract and it was so nice to see them last weekend, finally together again. They've been through two military deployments together and then this past year apart even after he got out of the marines. I am so happy that he's back and I'm excited to see where life takes them!
two | Have you been enjoying the Olympics as much as we have? It's on almost every night and I think I've narrowed my favorite sports to watch down to ice skating (both individuals and couples) and skiing. Speaking of skiing, did anyone see that ridiculous interview with Bode Miller last week where the crazy reporter made him cry? She wouldn't stop asking him personal and emotional questions about his brother and even after he needed to end the interview, the camera was right in his face. I wanted to scream, "Leave the man alone"! It was supposed to be a sports interview, not a therapy session. NBC has kind of had annoying coverage of the Olympics- random, back and forth shots and too much screen time for silly anchors.
photo via
three | I've been working with an herbalist-in-training who is studying under the amazing Aviva Romm. She's been helping me find solutions for depression, anxiety, hormone regulation, and lifestyle changes and it's been a wonderful experience. I've been taking three to four different herbs for the past month and a half and I finally feel normal for the first time in a long time. I am so encouraged by the success of these herbs and am so thankful for the opportunity to benefit from her knowledge.
photo via
four | I haven't written about M's job in awhile, mostly because I don't really have anything new to report. It's been a ridiculous process, we thought we were moving, found out we weren't, and are now facing some possible uncertainties. The changes first began being talked about in August of 2013, so for the past six months our life has been in limbo. Supposedly, we find out solid information in about two or three weeks. We have no clue what's going to happen- we could stay put, we could be looking for another job, we could be moving. I can't begin to tell you the amount of peace I have, no matter what happens. It's nothing I mustered up with positive thinking- I know this is from the Lord. I truly know that whatever happens, He is still God and we will be fine.
five | Last weekend we met my parents, my sister and brother-in-law, and my aunt and uncle for a cabin getaway in the mountains. I really enjoyed the late evening chats, exploring town, and the cozy fire. We found a Mellow Mushroom and we had the most heavenly gluten-free pizza. We ordered a White Pizza & a Regular Pepperoni and both were so good! I could probably eat that pizza every night for dinner.

 There's my random round up! What have you been up to lately?

Today,  I'm linking up with the Five on Friday gals - Natasha, Darci, April, and Christina!

6 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, friend. I surely know how job struggles can bring huge anxiety so I will be hoping for the best for you guys. I'm interested to find out more about the herbs you're taking. I've tried that route many, many times without much success. Care to share? Have a lovely weekend. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm...that pizza looks so good! And I agree with you. The reporter was so mean to Bode! I wish they would focus more on the sports and not the Olympians personal lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sister has such kind eyes :) I would love to learn more about the herbal remedies you've been trying! Will you be writing more about it/your experience?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from the link up!! Praise God for His peace that truly surpasses all understanding!! Thankful He has enabled you to rest in Him in this time of uncertainty, knowing He is sovereign and works all things together towards good and ultimately His glory! Have a lovely weekend!! XO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i saw the interview (i think!) with bode miller. the reporter was barraging him! i've been watching the olympics too, so fun to watch. i was perplexed by bobsledding and in awe of the snowboarders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So interesting about the herbalist! I'm with the others that are interested in hearing more about it! :) I've been reading up a little bit on herbs lately myself, and I find it such a fascinating topic.

    ReplyDelete