January Meet & Greet

Jan 1, 2014

Here we are! Hello 2014! I don't know about you, but this past year has been a whirlwind of ups and downs and lows and highs and ugly and beautiful all at once.  I've appreciated this little blog more than ever and have enjoyed the opportunities it brought my way in 2013. What I'm looking forward to the most about 2014? I really don't have one particular thing to say. I'm looking forward now to a whole new year of possibilities, whatever they are, whenever they come. I've overcome a lot this past year and am excited to sit back, take a breath, and accept this new year with a better perspective. 

Of the opportunities blogging has afforded, one has been the chance to meet some lovely ladies and work together with them to grow our blogs! I love getting to introduce some of them to my readers every month. In honor of today's special date, I asked "What is one thing you're looking forward to in the new year?". Here's what they have to say! Also, be sure to click their links, check out their blogs, and leave some love!
"Our family's crazy new adventures! My husband is moving to Russia in January without the baby and I. We'll be joining him at the end of Summer. I'm going to have to learn to do a lot of things on my own! We're definitely going to miss eachother like mad, but I know it'll be so worth it in the end." // BLOG // FACEBOOK // TWITTER// INSTAGRAM
"One thing I'm excited for in Twenty Fourteen is to really push myself as a writer. Writing makes me happy and I want to get back into freelance writing and write more genuine posts that generate conversation for my readers." // BLOG // FACEBOOK // TWITTER // INSTAGRAM
"Each year I always believe that God has something huge and magnificent planned. Tyler and I have worked really hard this year and I'm super excited to see what God has in store for us.  One thing I'm thinking of is we're hopefully going to be traveling to Tennessee in the spring to see Tyler's dad! We only get to see Tyler's dad once a year and we're super excited to spend some time with him and hang out in Tennessee!" // BLOG // FACEBOOK // TWITTER // SHOP
"I am most looking forward to...wait for it...graduating from college! I am a fifth year senior and it felt like graduation would never get here, but it is in less than five short months and I am so excited (and nervous)!" // BLOG // FACEBOOK // TWITTER // PINTEREST
"Each year I pick a word to focus on for the year.  This year I've picked love.  I'm excited to focus on new ways of loving God and others." // BLOG // FACEBOOK // TWITTER // PINTEREST

"There is so much I'm looking forward to in 2014! One thing I'm really looking forward to is celebrating our first wedding anniversary in June! I'm sure we'll plan something special, but what I'm really excited about it eating wedding cake! I didn't get any cake at our wedding, so I can't wait to actually try it and watch our wedding video. 2013 was so good to us and we can't wait to see what 2014 will bring!" // BLOG // TWITTER // PINTEREST // INSTAGRAM

Wondering what you can look forward to on Hey Kelsea Rae this year? I've been brainstorming and feel so excited about some things I have planned! Aside from one big project I'll announce next week, I've got some other smaller weekly and monthly features in the works...

+ A weekly "Snapshot Series" of Noah with a short description of something he's doing or learning at the time or some real, honest thoughts on being his mama
+ I'll be trying some fun traditional food recipes from two cookbooks I got for Christmas and documenting their success twice a month in my "In the Kitchen" series
+ A monthly sponsor highlight post in which you'll get to meet some lovely blogger friends of mine! 
+ "Bits & Pieces" once a month where I'll highlight everything from what I'm reading to cooking to practicing, etc. 
+ Some fun product reviews
+ More pictures of me (because I'm working on my camera shyness!!)
+ More pictures in general (because I GOT A NEW CAMERA and it's SO MUCH BETTER!)
+ "Day in the Life" posts every couple of months- everyone is always curious what a SAHM does all day! 
+ A "Wear" series in which I'll be highlighting some of my favorite go-to outfits

Interested in partnering with me to advertise your blog or swap buttons? Head on over to my Sponsor page to learn more about the awesome perks of being a Hey Kelsea Rae sponsor!

It's a brand spankin' new year today and we're off to take a 7 mile family hike! How are you spending day one of 2014?! 

1 comment: