If we're going to be friends, you should know...

Jan 14, 2014


Today, the sun is shining, I'm dressed before 9am, and the house is relatively clean. Who knows what could happen?! I'm determined to get out of the house today and do something, anything! 

Before we go, and while Noah is eating breakfast and watching Mickey, I thought I'd answer some questions asked of me by Keizra from 27th & Luxe! She nominated me for a Liebster award! Because I've received this in the past and have passed it on, I thought might be fun to just answer her questions! So, if we were friends (and many of you are!), here are some things you might be interested to know...

1. What’s the most exciting place that you’ve been to?
Hands down, New York City. You can read more about the "escape" here! I've been to quite a few amazing places, but NYC just has something to it that the others didn't! 

2. What’s your favorite restaurant?
Carrabbas! I could eat their bread and fettuccine, and drink their blackberry Sangria, every single day. I'd also probably become a drunk and gain 100 pounds, but I'd be fat and happy! I kid.

3. How did you come up with your blog name?
I really just wanted something that sounded catchy and that was easy to remember. A friend helped me come up with Hey Kelsea Rae and as soon as I heard it, I knew I loved it! 
  
4. What’s your favorite clothing store?
This is a hard one because I don't shop that much. If I had to pick, I'd have to say Anthropologie. It hasn't been until recently that I've been willing to try different styles and feel confident enough to wear them, and I feel like Anthro has so many pretty options for mixing your wardrobe up. We've been on a "pay off our student loans" budget, so I'm actually looking forward to having money to get a new outfit every now and then once we're done! 

5. What’s your hair routine?
I'm a slob What hair routine? Seriously, I hardly ever do anything to my hair. Most of the time I shower at the end of the day before bed and let it dry naturally overnight. It looks wavy when I wake up. If I need a confidence boost or am going somewhere special, I curl it. That's pretty much it. I haven't mastered the poof, any volume I tease up goes flat in ten minutes, and I don't like using products with nasty chemicals on my hair. I probably could do a lot more to it, and to myself for that matter, but I also think there's something to be said for being comfortable au naturel. 

6. What’s your favorite nail polish color?
My favorite color to wear is a light, light pink/nude. I think it's close to the natural color of my nails but dresses them up a little with some shine and a finished look. I think it's so classy and goes with pretty much any occasion. 

7. What do you like the most about blogging?
I really enjoy having an idea in mind, carrying it out well in a post, and the feeling I get when I can proudly hit "submit". I also really enjoy meeting other bloggers and getting feedback! 

8. What is your dream job?
I am doing my dream job! I'm staying at home with my children (child for now!) and plan to home school them. There's nothing else I'd rather be doing at this point in my life. However, I do have a dream about what I might want to do once my kids are older and either in high school or college. I'm very passionate about supporting women through birth and would love to eventually be a midwife. 

9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
There are SO many! That's probably not good, is it? To be annoyed so easily? Sheesh, get over yourself! My biggest pet peeve is probably the way other people chew. I can't stand it. 

10. What do you do for fun?
I love to spend time with my family and we do a lot of fun things together. If I had an ideal "fun" day, it would involve being out all day, grabbing meals at fun restaurants, seeing a movie, grabbing lunch with friends, taking a hike, taking Noah to a museum or park, checking out a Farmers' Market, and exploring small downtowns. And of course, not being afraid to capture it all along the way ;). 

Thanks again to Keizra for nominating me! Noah and I are off to do something productive and fun! 

15 comments:

  1. Mmm, blackberry Sangria sounds amazing! It was so much fun to read your answers to these questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog name! It's very fun and catchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with the nude polish. so classy and pretty. and i will need to keep in mind the blackberry sangria when we go next. sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! Loved getting to know you more. You are just the cutest. And yes, nude polish is always so chic :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I love your blog and I'm so excited I stumbled across it - second of all, I am planning on homeschool too! How old is your little Noah? Perhaps we could be homeschooling around the same time and inspire each other/share our frustrations?? haha! By the way, I just visited Nashville for the first time ever a couple of months ago and that area is so pretty! Excited to be following along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dream job is my dream job :) We just started homeschool preschool this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was fun and I always enjoy getting to know bloggers a bit better. Yes, you do have a dream job and I was fortunate to have it too. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved learning more about you! Definitely going to need to try that blackberry sangria.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was so good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this list!! WHat a cute way to let ppl get to know you more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I am with you on the nail polish. I like to change things up from time to time but in the end I always come back to my favorite petal pink color or another neutral shade. It's such a delicate touch of elegance & makes me feel pretty even on the days I have my hair in a messy ponytail and I'm wearing sweats around the house haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for participating and providing your answers!! I totally feel you about how people chew, AND I think it's awesome you get to stay at home-one of the things I'm hoping for when I have kids of my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hair routine sounds a lot like mine haha and Carrabbas! I love that place, too bad there isn't one where we now live!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your baby is soooo adorable! Can I just say you don't look like a Mama at all? x

    http://thegypsysoul.ph

    ReplyDelete