coffee date | let's chat

Jan 31, 2014

I've been in a bit of a funk this week. I let myself off the hook a little on writing, but the one thing I do feel like doing is having a little coffee date. If there's one thing the funk doesn't affect is the fact that there are still millions of things going on in my head. 

So let's order our drinks, grab a table, and chat. 

I'd tell you that I'm pretty sick of this cold weather. It feels like everyone around us is getting snow and all we share is the temperature. I was hoping Noah might get to enjoy some snow, but it's not looking hopeful! 

I'd tell you that I'm really itching to move to the country lately. We eventually want to homestead and those desires and dreams have been strong lately. I want land, acres and acres of woods to explore, seclusion, and farm animals roaming free. 

I'd tell you that Noah's personality is coming out more and more each day. He can be so goofy and silly. I can also see my independent spirit in him. He absolutely loves accomplishing a task and trying his hand at things. 

I'd tell you that the other day I rearranged our bedroom and it left me feeling invigorated. Apparently when life is in limbo and we don't have control over the big things, having a little control over furniture placement will do the trick for now! 

I'd tell you that I finally got a leather (er...pleather) jacket and I love it. I've been slowly adding to my wardrobe pieces that I actually like and it's making getting dressed fun for once! 

I'd tell you that I watched all 3 seasons of Downton Abbey last week while I was sick and am all caught up on season 4. I'm obsessed! I actually was thinking in a British accent for while after watching about 40 hours worth of the show. And I may have had a dream about dancing with Matthew.

I'd tell you that I'm so excited to order a set of doTERRA essential oils soon! I truly believe in the healing power of oils and can't wait to start using them! 

I'd tell you that I've been thinking about doing photography on the side. Well, working towards that I mean. I love photography, but I really need to learn more about exposure and Photoshop. I'm curious to see what happens with this in the next couple of years. 

I'd tell you that if Michael comes home today and says he has to work the weekend again, I might just lock him in our closet. 

Now it's your turn? What would you tell me over coffee?

14 comments:

  1. oh, I'd love to go on a coffee date with you! Apart from Downton Abbey, I can relate to most everything you mentioned. I haver heard so many amazing things about that show, but have never actually watched any of it. I hope you have a funk free weekend and that you get to spend lots of time with your sweet little family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please to the coffee date!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry you've been in a funk! I hope Michael gets to stay home this weekend and you get tons of good, quality time with your two main men!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love this! I watched the entire season 3 in like 4 days and was thinking in a British accent, too! Loved this coffee date. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working husbands on the weekends is no good.
    Hoping he won't be locked in the closet! :)

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto so tired of cold! I'm also itching to move - but somewhere warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coffee dates are always fun :) over coffee I'd tell you
    We're in limbo right now between (hopefully) buying a home and living in an apartment. Not having control of this situation is driving me insane! God is giving me a real lesson in patience right now.
    Downton Abbey makes me talk in a British accent. It's the best :)
    I think you'd make an awesome photographer! Good luck! I let fear stand in my way with my own photography, so watching people overcome fear makes my heart happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I' sorry you're in a funk, winter seems to do that. thankfully spring is right around the corner. Yay for leather/pleather jackets and a wardrobe that makes you feel happy to get dressed in the morning!

    it's a bummer Michael has to work the weekend, haha maybe he does need to be locked in the closet!

    photography, is a great hobby and like you I have a lot more to learn. Did you take the picture in this post, it's really creative, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm so sick of the winter weather as well. we don't get any snow, so there really is nothing magical about winter around here. it's awesome when the little ones begin showing their identities, that is super fun!
    wishing you luck on your photography endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Moving to the country sounds amazing. (Especially when you live in NYC, and you are well over this dreary, gray winter!) At least in the country you can see white snow. ;) Although NYC does have its benefits sometimes - I would tell you over coffee about the gallery exhibits I saw yesterday or the amazing cappuccino I had for brunch (like your photo!), or how good I felt after my morning Bikram class. Happy Weekend!

    http://www.melindadiorio.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd tell you I can't wait for our real coffee date :) See you soon friend!

    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd tell you that lately, I feel very lost on all fronts and that I don't think even a map could help me at this point. This adult thing is for the birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I LOVE Downton Abbey. It's so, so good.

    ReplyDelete