Currently | bits & pieces

Jan 3, 2014

This weekend M's brother and his girlfriend are visiting and I'm excited to show them around our town and Nashville. It's supposed to be faaareeezzinnng the next few days so hopefully we'll find things to do indoors. I'm thinking we might try a couple new restaurants and coffee shops, something different than our usual route through town.Now that we're going to be here longer (and possibly indefinitely), I really want to try to branch out from our usual go-to places in Nashville and try something different. If we ever leave this area, I want to be able to say that I got the most out of living near one of the coolest cities ever.

There's something settling inside of me about our move, er...our not move...a peace that whatever works out is fine, and that God has His hand in it and it is good, because really, isn't everything He designs inherently good? This is our home, and as crazy a year 2013 was with traveling and having visitors, it was healing to be at home to welcome the new year. It helped the settling in a way, to be on home base.

In our first almost full week home, I've been....
eating | peanut butter chocolate chip Larabars- I can't get enough!
drinking | un-sweet tea, because sometimes water is boring.
practicing | photography with my new camera!
mastering | a double crochet. I think I've got it
learning | how to love my husband better.
listening | to the Sound of Music station on Pandora.
playing | Heads-Up app on our phones- so much fun for a group!
finishing | laundry, and more laundry.
reading | Grace-based Parenting by Tim Kimmel. I've "amened" through the first chapter!
wearing | a chunky, infinity scarf indoors, because it's cozy.
cooking | new things from my "From Scratch" & "Nourishing Traditions" cookbooks!
working | on being a better blogger.
traveling | nowhere, finally! It's home sweet home for awhile!
wanting| to learn Photoshop.

What have you been enjoying this week?

15 comments:

  1. photoshop is on my forever to learn list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all your updates. Awesome on the new camera! Wahoo. I had no idea Pandora had a Sound of Music station. I'll be listening to that today!!! Also, how are you wanting to learn photoshop? I recently heard of an on-line school I'd be happy to send you the link if you like. I'm going to use them to learn Lightroom to edit photos =) Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these little updates! I'm still trying to learn photoshop—i'm taking the "learn as I go" approach, which involves lots of trial and error.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelsea, you're so cute :) love the picture and the update. I'm hoping to purchase Photoshop for the first time soon and dig in! I'm actually focusing on a lot of the same things currently. Happy Weekend!

    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a great first week already. hope you guys have fun this weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blessing that you're beginning to feel settled with staying put. I have to admit, I'm jealous you live near Nashville. I'd love to visit... Both you and the city. ;-) How about you don't move until I have to money to visit. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post and sounds like you had a wonderful week at home. The week between Christmas and New Year is always a long week to me. I'm always so ready for the new year and to get back into my routine. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for new cameras! And double crotchets. Those are fun too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Double crochet is such fun! I find it way quicker than single crochet. I'm just working on an infinity scarf myself and once I get past all the singles, I'm flying :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea as a weekly wrap-up - so cute :) I might be trying it sometime, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great week :) Also--someday, I will master Photoshop too. It's so intimidating haha! Yay for a new camera though, hopefully that gives you the extra motivation to learn Photoshop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for new camera! You should check out skillshare [http://skl.sh/1feQ1gY] they have a lot of Photoshop classes and they're fairly inexpensive and generally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Again, I love these types of posts! And that picture of you is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete