winter wonderland + a work order from mother nature

Dec 9, 2013

The winter weather that swept across the nation this past weekend hit us around Friday. We were expecting power outages from all the ice, but thankfully our power stayed on and we were able to stay niiiice and toasty. Good thing, too, because I'm a wimp when I'm cold. Michael encouraged me to go outside and take some pictures of the ice and I'm glad I did! It was absolutely breathtaking, from beauty and the frigid cold, and it was kind of a nice little break to get some fresh air and experience the peace and quiet of the outdoors, even if I was only a few yards from our house. Sunday morning we woke up to trees falling all around us. Every few minutes we heard "crack" and them a big "boom". At least Michael will get to put his chainsaw to use, right?





Because we've been so busy lately, we both were excited to stay home and relax. Michael was amazing and let me sleep in after a long night with a runny-nosed little boy, and he even cooked us breakfast once I got up (he's pretty much a keeper, I tell ya). We cleaned just a little and then literally vegged out in front of the tv or played with Noah all day. It was glor-eee-ussss!






On Sunday, after breakfast, some music time, and a walk outside together (aka Michael assessing all the damage and calculating hours and sweat spent clearing our yard!), we made our way to Nashville to get the last of our Christmas shopping done and then went to some friends' house for an ornament swap party. It's been an amazing weekend and it's not even over yet because Michael is off Mondays. I'm absolutely in love with this season and feel so deeply blessed and thankful. 

What about you? Did you get some winter weather this weekend? 
What is your favorite way to pass the time stuck indoors?

11 comments:

  1. Your photos are gorgeous! Ice and snow can be so breathtaking. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend. Glad that you got to stat inside and spend some cozy time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! And what a lovely weekend - sounds like it was just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 7th photo down, you get the entire picture and it looks so surreal! Excellent photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kelly! I enjoyed getting out and snapping some shots!

      Delete
  4. Love all the ice photos! I'm missing snow so much right now! So much so that I made up my own snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the photos of the ice are just beautiful but I'm so glad we don't have anything but cold rain. :o) I'm having withdrawal because the sun has not shown it's face in almost a week. Glad you and yours has some fun "down time." Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so majestic! We rarely see ice or snow down here in GA so it's nice to see beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those photos looks amazing! and sounds like such a great, low-key weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pictures are gorgeous!!! I'm glad the power stayed on and you were able to enjoy time with your family! That's the best way to enjoy the cold. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. awe i love the last shot, such a fun adventure for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is SUCH a daddy's boy and his favorite place to be is up on Michael's shoulders :) I love it!

      Delete