white space

Dec 20, 2013




one // two // three // four // five

Aren't these white spaces gorgeous? I love clean, minimalistic spaces with not much clutter and a super clean, relaxed feel. It's nice to have a blank slate to either to draw upon or use to be inspired and not destracted. 

It's got me thinking about how much I appreciate white space in our lives, and look forward to having more. It's made me realize that I'm a tiny bit glad things got postponed with our move, because it's given me time to think out our next home. We found a little house we both loved back in October when we thought we'd be moving right away. And it's just that....little. It's got a lot of what we want, and not exactly enough of what we need. I think if we had moved in October, we might have rushed ourselves into a decision we could have regretted. We had clutter in our lives- personally, I was in a tough place emotionally. Our marriage was going through a pretty rough spot. We still had a little bit more to pay on our student loans, and we were nearing the end of a peak season for home sales. We could have been dealing with a lot of clutter emotionally and physically. 

So I'm thinking there's a plan in all this. Actually, I know so. We've been given some space to clear out some clutter, and clear out we've done. I've experienced grace and peace and conviction in a new way. Our marriage has had some time to heal. We're a couple months away from being completely debt free aside from our mortgage, and we have a better overall perspective on the entire move situation. We realized we needed more space than the house we loved had to offer (it was tiny, tiny) and that has allowed us to broaden our horizon, on purpose. So while I adore the white space designs up there, I appreciate even more the white space that our lives are working towards. Less clutter, less to shuffle through. 

15 comments:

  1. So lovely. I am a fan of a good bit of white space too!! There is something irreplacably peaceful about it :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never thought of white space the way you did - what a great connection. I think everything happens for a reason and for that I'm glad you move was delayed for you guys. although limbo is frustrating time can help make stronger decisions.
    ps I think we all go through rough patches when a LO enters our lifes. we had been married 10 years when our daughter was born and it still rocked our marriage. just wanted you to know you're not the only ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm normally a BIG color and bright person, but these white spaces are gorgeous and peaceful. Thanks for helping me see the 'white' light haha!

    merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember reading your posts a while back when you thought you'd be moving immediately that you were trying to make sense of it all and try to answer, "Why?" when it didn't happen the way you thought it would. I think you've done that. I smiled as I read this post - it makes me happy to know that you are finding peace. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love white spaces! But my kitchen apartment is very white and I hate how dirty it gets so easily! White tile backsplash is really not all it's cracked up to be....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your openness Kelsea and the metaphor. God is proving His timing is perfect to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love each of these rooms, I am a fan of white space myself. I hate clutter, glad everything is working out for you all in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, white space in our lives is so, so important. Hoping things come together for you and your family and a new home according to HIS plan for you. Christmas blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the kitchen! So gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've pinned some of these photos as well. I think that white rooms can be so gorgeous and they leave room for so much creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. all the white is so pretty!!! i know i would be terrible at keeping it perfectly clean looking though, ha! in my dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the parallels in this post :) In regards to physical white spaces, every time i see photos like these on pinterest I want to try a minimalistic white space... but then I remember my love for colour and remind myself that it's probably not a good idea!

    In regards to white space in your personal life, I'm glad that things works out for you and that the lull turned out to be a blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love your reflection on this and love how everything works in perfect timing too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to see the perfect house you find. I'm so glad your marriage is doing better and has recieved healing, dear girl. Having stress in marriage is always the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the sentiment of the white space. So peaceful and clears the mind.

    ReplyDelete