ModCloth | vintage inspired holiday

Dec 4, 2013

Winterberry Tart Coat


I've always been a big fan of vintage. I was probably the only one of my peers who enjoyed antiquing and wished that I could wear A-line dresses everyday. I always joked that I was born in the wrong decade, and that I would have been much better suited to live in the 40's. Then I'm reminded of all the flaws that era had (gender inequality, even more male dominance than today, and the Betty Crocker ideal) and I realize I only was into their fashion!

Around the holidays I always find myself dreaming of a big, fancy Christmas party. I've never been to one where guests dress up, so it's on my list of things to do...#352: find friends who throw fancy parties. 

I used to peruse eBay or Etsy for vintage finds, but then sites, like ModCloth, popped up and put a fun twist on vintage-inspired clothing! When I saw the Winterberry Tart coat, my mind immediately went to all the Christmas party dreaming I've done and I had fun putting together a little collage of the outfit it inspired. 

Do you ever get invited to or throw fancy Christmas parties? 
Are you inspired by vintage fashion or modern style?


8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love this whole look. Digging the shoes and jacket, especially. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree I love the fashion from the 40's! Have a great day!

    http://agodfashionedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you find any friends who throw fancy parties, I want to come too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving that dress! Modcloth is a great option if you are into vintage-style clothing. I've gone to a few fancy Christmas parties in the past but don't have any pans for one this year. I'm looking forward to the days when I throw my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love modcloth! You should check out shopruche.com and Esaki.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love modcloth's style! i too just enjoy the fashion from that era, and wish i had friends that threw fancy parties too. we have a party next weekend, but no fancy get up. just ugly christmas sweaters, which i own none of!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress reminds me of Gatsby ;) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the dress is pretty & if no one in your circle throws cocktail christmas parties you should be the first to throw one :) start a christmas tradition!

    ReplyDelete