five things + four pictures

Dec 13, 2013

one | Noah and I have been going to the library to get out of the house. It's the perfect place to go when it's cold out. Our local library isn't much to brag about, but their race track rug, box of stuffed animals, train table, and kids' chairs keep him entertained and busy. Well, really, it might be the fact that we normally have the whole area to ourselves and he is free to crawl and explore to his heart's content. But the train table is his second favorite. This picture just makes me so happy. Look at his tiny little legs. They make me want to hold on and not let go even more.

two | As I was finishing up some Christmas shopping this week, I happened to run into Old Navy looking for Noah some Christmas PJs. I found one of the only pairs left they had in his size and on my way to the register I found these dainty little initial rings. The first one I saw was an "N" and I knew I had to get an "M", too, and wear them on my finger as a little tribute to the guys I love the most. I love a mix of gold and silver! 

three | Last week we bought Christmas lights for outside and Michael began hanging them. We wanted to get them up before the ice storm, but it took him longer than he thought. He was tired and we were all hungry so he hung half the house and agreed to pick back up the next evening. Well, it's over a week later and we still have just two strands of icicle lights hanging in the middle section of the house, and they're not even lit! Poor guy has been working late all week, so I'm not about to press it. We might just get them up this weekend if we have time. Maybe we can enjoy them for a week before we drive to Virginia for the week of Christmas. 

four | I just can't even begin to tell you how in love I am with this little boy. And how thankful I am every single day that I'm able to be with him. My heart feels all kinds of feelings when I think about him. The fact that I get to wake up to his smiling face, play with him and make him laugh, nourish his little body, and introduce this big old world to him one day, one step at a time -it's an honor. It's not always easy, of course. This week he's had a little cold which means that we play this game every ten minutes called get Noah's nose wiped before he realizes what I'm about to do. It's both of our least favorite game. There's snot everywhere. My sweatpants, the couch where he buries his face to try to pull himself up, my sweater where he hides his face from my not-so-slick nose wipes. Tonight after dinner I told Michael I needed a bath and not to come get me unless it was an emergency. I soaked and browsed Pinterest, and for half an hour I didn't need to pay attention to anything.

five | Here are some great posts I've read this week that might be some good weekend reading! 

A reminder of what really matters in motherhood // A beautiful post by one of my favorite bloggers about how He's already here // Some beautiful pictures that make me want to get a new camera // My Pinterest board might just convince me I need to add some different color to my hair // Ever wonder what Christmas looks like when you live on a sailboat?

Happy weekend! I'm spending the day crossing my fingers that Michael doesn't have to work the entire weekend and hoping Noah's nose magically stops leaking! What are your plans for the weekend?

12 comments:

  1. It always makes me laugh with little kiddos grab their feet and do a little toe touch dance.. is what I call it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little legs in those little jeans!!
    I haven't been on Pinterest in forever, but I just looked at your board and oh my goodness, it's amazing! Now I want to do something different with my hair too, haha.
    Thanks for sharing my post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet boy! Love the initial rings. So simple and so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pictures 2 and 4, those rings are perfect!
    I am loving his PJ's too, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rings! I may have to get one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, love Virginia, that's my home state! Precious little fella! Hoping his nose dries up quickly. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AH! ADORE those rings. so dainty and lovely.
    happy, merry weekend, girlie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving your blog!! What a CUTE family you have - libraries are so great :-) Xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute! hope he's better asap! i spent the weekend recovering from food poisoning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those rings are so perfect! i might need to go into old navy and get some! and so good your little one loves the library, they always have a cozy little feel for both mommies and babes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your rings! They are beautifully delicate and the meaning behind them is so sweet. I also love the mix of gold and silver <3

    ReplyDelete