Deck the Halls!

Dec 10, 2013









Every year I look forward to decorating for Christmas. I don't let myself turn Christmas music on until the night we bring out the Christmas box and set up our tree, because for some weird reason it feels like I'm cheating. This year we made some yummy drinks, let Noah explore the tree some, put him to bed, then finished putting everything up with music in the background. 

It feels so good to walk down the hall in the morning and see the tree and lights. And I love how peaceful the house feels when I sit back on the couch for a second and watch Noah play and the lights sparkle behind him. One day, I'll decorate every room in the house, but for now it's just the living room. My mom just gave us all of our ornaments from her over the years and it's special having those on the tree, too, this year. 

Noah doesn't pay any attention to the tree, which is great because I've heard of parents having to put gates around their trees! Although, I was kind of bummed that he wasn't more excited about it all. Then I remind myself that he's only one. I think next year he'll be old enough to get the excitement. My birthday is about a week and a half after Christmas so I hope the tree lasts until then because I'd love to keep it up for my birthday! 
Do you have any decorating traditions?

10 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! I'm so supremely jealous of your tree and decorations. I have the world most busy December (with non Christmas related stuff!) and we're not hosting anyone for anything Christmas so we've decided to pass on a tree etc this year :( I'm with you, I love walking down the hall and seeing and smelling the tree. Def missing out this year!
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. tavi doesn't have any interest in our christmas tree either! I figured it was because it's out of her reach (we just have a small one up on a trunk).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! We haven't set up our tree yet, I'm wondering if we'll find time to get to it! This is beautiful though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote about my Holiday Decorating Traditions yesterday. http://agodfashionedlife.com/2013/12/09/holiday-decorating/

    I love your decor Kelsea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house looks lovely! All of the little details are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love all of your decor pieces, great taste!

    www.bonjourblissblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness, this post makes me so happy! Love everything Christmas! Your home looks great and very festive!!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Christmas decor is gorgeous!!! I love decorating my house too. Honestly, this year I started crying after I decorated the tree because it just made me so happy. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You home looks absolutely beautiful, Kelsea. So gorgeous. You are quite talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That morning after the tree goes up it's always the best. Probably because I'm always so sleepy I forget the tree is up and then I see it and I get happy all over again haha

    ReplyDelete