If we were having coffee...

Nov 9, 2013

....that it's been a long week, and I'm thankful that it's finally Saturday so I can have a long weekend with my guys.

....that I wish Noah would just sleep already, because I need just a little bit of unbroken shut-eye. 

....that for the first time in what has felt like a long, long time, I feel hope. 

....that I can't believe Noah will be one in a few weeks, and that I've been crying when I think about it lately. 

....that living on a budget is hard, because I've had too much fun making a Christmas wish list! 

....that it's been hard living in limbo, and that sometimes I wish we could move already so I could move on with plans.

....that I feel my heart changing as I'm processing and working through challenges and relationships.
 
....that spending fifteen minutes before bed picking up really helps keep my stress level down the next day.

....that I'd love to start decorating for Christmas, but Michael is adamant about his "no Christmas until after Thanksgiving" policy. 
 
....that I've decided to blog for ME again.

13 comments:

  1. I put up decor before Thanksgiving, but wait to put the tree up until after. It's a compromise, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living on a budget can be really hard - but it can also be really rewarding. I've learned that if something stays on my wishlist long enough for me to save up my personal spending money for it between buying necessities, then I really want it, and the excitement when I get to buy it is even greater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute blog entry and I so wish that we could sit down and have a cup of coffee and conversation. I so enjoy visiting with younger ladies and offering them encouragement along their journey in motherhood, wifehood and all that goes along with it. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I decided today that I'm putting up our tree this week. I'm doing it! No one will stop me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say that it is okay to dream of Christmas and collect things so that they are ready to go up black friday :) i'll also remind you that the best things in life are free and budgets are hard but they cannot take away the joy & magic of the Christmas season! and i'll rejoice that you are blogging for yourself again :) that is when blogging reaches it's best.

    you are lovely. let's go out to coffee more often ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I could have written this same post today (well most of it). If you want to swap sleep tips I'm happy to. I'm not expert but I've been through a bunch of different approaches and my kiddo is a good sleeper these days. Have you read "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child"? It's my go to! I also struggle with limbo - it's so hard waiting for change to happen. Because of travel plans this year I convinced my husband we could decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving! ;) Thank you for writing this and being so honest. Hope you had a good weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many of these comments resonate with me today! I'm also feeling the itch to put up Christmas decorations, but I'm guessing that won't fly with my hubby either, haha. Hope is such a powerful feeling, isn't it?! Grab on and don't let it go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally caved and put my Christmas decorations up already. I justified it because I'll have to take them down when I move mid-December.

    Bailey
    BecomingBailey.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. living on a budget is tough sometimes, though it allows us to be a little bit more creative on things! and i hear ya on picking up before bed. it makes me so happy in the morning to not see such a chaotic house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish Mac would sleep too... :( I feel your pain, sista!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many of these things make me so happy! Hope, blogging for YOU, and Christmas decor (even if hubby won't let you put it up yet). You're an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed reading this post. Thank you for being so honest!

    ReplyDelete