First Birthday Scheming

Nov 1, 2013

Wasn't it just last November? Wasn't Noah just a tiny little eight pound baby? When did he grow into an almost-toddler? In officially 33 days our baby will be ONE! Someone just slap me then give me a drink! Alright, it's not as dramatic as that. I'm actually loving every single stage we're going through. He's my first born and in a lot of ways, I'm growing with him, right through every milestone.

I've been thinking about what to do for his birthday. I want to throw him a party, and make it super cute and fun, and have awesome decorations. But part of me realizes how much work that is! It looks like we'll be home in Virginia due to a trip Michael needs to take that puts us close, so I'm excited that we'll get to have his party there with family and friends. And that also means I can call upon Noah's Nana and Gma and Auntie Meg for help! 

I've got some fun ideas in mind, thanks to Pinterest. I'm still not sure exactly what theme I want to go with, but here are a few that have caught my eye and have me excited.....
Bowtie Theme [via]
Woodland Animals [via]
Dapper Bowties [via]
Vintage Circus [via]
Vintage Farm [via]
Aren't those the cutest? I'm really torn, and want to do all of them! I guess a common theme among all of them is vintage, so it's obvious what I'm drawn to. In reality, I feel like first birthdays are really for the grown-ups. Okay, okay....it's really for me. Noah won't remember at all and he could care less what theme I choose. He'll have a good time of course, but he'd have a good time even if there weren't handmade decor scattered around the house. 

Before I make what I'm excited to do sound super pointless, I will say that it feeds my creativity, I love getting people together,  I'll love having pictures of the day, and family and friends will enjoy it, too. Who doesn't love a good party? Alright, I feel a little better already. I'm excited to celebrate our sweet boy and make every birthday a special one. 

Do you adore party planning? Or would you rather leave it to the pros?

Today, I'm linking up with the Five on Friday gals - Natasha, Darci, April, and Christina!
Also, don't miss my separate post today joining Kenzie at 
Chasing Happy for The Thankful Project! Talking about my sister, today! 

19 comments:

  1. I love planning parties! My favorites are that Woodland Animal theme and the vintage circus!! They are all adorable though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage farm :) I have felt that I am going through every milestone too with my daughter. Its like seeing life through a new set of eyes all over again :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all these themes! I'm throwing my bestie a woodland baby shower and am having so much fun planning it! I threw my daughter a huge first birthday, and didn't feel the least bit bad about it. One year is a huge milestone and should be celebrated to it's fullest! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, what gorgeous events ideas! Absolutely stunning. I'm excited to see what you end up doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the mustaches in option 1! so perfect for a little man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, I love these ideas! The mustache ones are great :) Party planning is super fun, and it gets people in the spirit! Can't wait to see what you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these ideas are all so cute - love the mustaches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable options! Planning children's birthdays can be so delightful. I'm sure whatever you pick will be splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks to me like no matter what you choose his party is going to be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! You could do a bowtie/mustache themed party that way you're getting both? We did a Dr. Seuss Thing 1 party for M's first birthday and it was a blast to plan. If you haven't checked out Oriental Trading online you should - they are party central with amazingly low prices. Good luck and have fun planning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm torn between #1 and #5 but they are all so fun! Can't wait to see what you end up going with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats (to you and noah) on the 1 year celebration - it sounds like it's going to be quite the party :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope it turns out well! ;) As long as he has fun, I'll be satisfied!

      Delete
  13. Oh my goodness I love all of these so much! The mustaches are absolutely adorable as well as the bowties. I totally agree with Courtney's suggestion by using both in the party. 2 for 1! Can't wait to see what you go with. I'm sure it will be absolutely fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've finally come up with my theme! I can't wait to post pictures once it's done :)

      Delete
  14. I LOVE the little mustaches but the woodland creatures are equally adorable! Good luck with all the planning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I looooove party planning! But I don't get the opportunity often and Eric truly hates having company so it really is all just for me. I do love to entertain, though! I really love the mustache theme.

    ReplyDelete
  16. it is hard to choose, after all your first born only turns one once :)

    I really like option #2, the woodland theme is very cute and timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  17. how exciting that your little man is turning one! Mine is not too far behind, crazy how much and how fast they grow! I'm sure his party will be super cute! I love all of your ideas and can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete