a year of firsts

Nov 27, 2013

Today is a huge milestone around here! Noah is officially one as of 12:13am! (Birth Story Part One & Part Two) I seriously cannot believe that it's been a year since I gave birth to our sweet little guy. There is no way I could effectively put into words all that he means to me or just how strongly my heart beats for him. It's amazing how quickly little ones change in a year. He went from completely helpless to being able to crawl around, do lots of things for himself, and babble up a storm. 


A little about Noah.....

He'd rather be naked. 
His vocabulary includes "mama", "dada" (meaning Michael), "daaaaaaa-daaaaaa" (not referring to Michael, but not sure what else!), "mouse", "out", his own version of "light", "hot", and "nana". 

He can sign "more", "finished/done", "out", "eat", and we think "dog". 

He knows what sound a dog makes and laughs when we do other animal noises, especially "moo" and "meow". 

He eats just about anything unless it's green. We have to hide meat until he's had some of everything else or that's all he'll eat.

His favorite show is "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse".

He is in love with my hair. He has to have it while nursing or falling asleep with me. 

His biggest smile ever is when Michael walks in the door from work. 

He's been on two big trips that required flying, one to Charlotte, NC and the other to Lincoln, Nebraska.

He's been to a Nebraska Huskers football game and got stopped at the door for not having a ticket....at eleven months (no joke!). 

He'd rather be naked.

He think it's funny when he sneezes. 

He cries when I put on glasses. 

He now asks for "broo...broo...." when he wants to nurse and pulls at my neckline. 

He loves being on Michael's shoulders.

He won't wear shoes. 

He bangs his head on the ground when I won't let him get in the fridge. 

He retreats to his pop-up tent for solitude when he has to poop. 

He's pooped in the bathtub. 

He'd rather be naked.

I was a little worried when I found out we were expecting a boy. I was sure I was destined to by a girl mama only. Boys were just annoying and weird. But then Noah came along and stole my heart, and now I can't imagine that I ever was worried. I love being his mama. And I'm excited to be his mama at two, seven, twelve, sixteen, and into adulthood. I'm so proud of him and am thankful to celebrate a whole year of our sweet boy.

10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Noah! That's crazy he cries when you put on glasses. I guess maybe he doesn't recognize you? He'd rather be naked! ha! Wouldn't we all. Clothes are for losers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st Birthday, Noah!!! It's amazing how time flies with a child. He is such a handsome boy! Here's to many, many more years of happiness and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... Happy birthday to your little man!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a little sweetie! And, my "little" boy is now 37 years old and still has my heart. Thanksgiving blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Noah had a wonderful birthday!! He sounds like such a sweet boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stumbled across your blog. I love this list! Especially, 'he retreats to his pop-up tent for solitude when he has to poop'. Aaaahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is adorable! Happy Birthday, Noah- and Mama! Good Job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie! :) I can't believe it's been a year!

      Delete
  8. I have been meaning to do one of these posts for AGES but always forget to!!!! So precious

    www.bonjourblissblog.com

    ReplyDelete