Never Have I Ever

Oct 10, 2013

I think I've done a lot in my lifetime for only being in my mid-twenties.

I've played sports. I've gone to college (two of 'em!) and received a degree. I've played the piano in over twenty-five recitals since the age of eight. I've had my nose pierced. I've traveled outside of the country and eaten goat. I've run away to New York and spent spring break in Chicago. I've day-hiked tid bits of the Appalachian Trail. I was married, moved, started a new job, and got pregnant all within a year. I've birthed with no pain meds....just to name a few!

 But there are a few things I haven't done. Never have I ever...
Growing up, my sister was the one who was always getting hurt. She tripped onto a wheel barrel and chipped her two front teeth. She wrecked my dad's lawn mower into our garage and broke her arm. She was bitten on her face by a dog. She had to get stitches from not sitting the right way in her seat belt and gashing her head open when we had to brake for a dog in the road. I'm not even making that up. I, on the other hand, never broke anything or had to make an emergency room trip. I'd love to keep that tradition going, sans the Megan getting hurt part.

It's true. It sucks me in. It's like a little bit of retail heaven. There's something for everyone, even if it's from the dollar section because you know you don't need another scarf, $7 t-shirt, 5 for $25 panties, that adorable rug, or that super cute sweater your hot-natured little boy won't ever wear.

Just say no, guys. I've always thought smoking was the most disgusting habit anyone could pick up. I also don't think drugs are cool. It's just not smart. They get in the way of life, only provide temporary highs, create addictions, and destroy your life and body slowly (almost like a Big Mac a day, so let's hope nobody's hitting up Mc.D's every day!).

There you have it. I'm not sure if this list makes me adventurous or boring! I'm linking up today with Amanda from The Lady Okie for her "Never Have I Ever" link-up party! 
 
I'd love to get to you know a little...what are some of your "Never Have I Ever"s?

11 comments:

  1. I think... I think I can say I've left Target without purchasing anything. But, I'm not completely sure. I'm with you on the other two, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that target one! That store is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I actually have smoked a cigarette. Just once! I just wanted to see what it was like. I know I know, that's a terrible reason. I also smoked a hooka (is that how you spell it?) in college maybe twice. It was weird and kind of tasted good. But I don't think you can get addicted or high to it because it doesn't have any nicotine. At least, that's what I was told... they could have been lying to me. Those are probably my two most "rebel" moments :) Thanks for linking up! And I know I've said this before, but your new blog design is oh so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, when going to target be prepared to purchase things that are not truly needed, but really cute to pass up! and i'm with you on the smoking. just gross.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun post idea!! i love this! I'm with ya in the no broken bone club!! :)

    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never have I ever left Target purchase free. I've also somehow never broken a bone or smoked. We're two peas in a pod if I do say so myself ;) Love your blog design, it's super pretty - gold and pink is my favorite color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think there's a LAW against leaving Target empty-handed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha. These are awesome. I have to say, the only one of your never done things that I've also never done is smoked something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never broken a bone either! And there was *one* time I left Target without anything but that's because I was with a friend and did have my purse with me haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you've had some pretty amazing experiences in your life so far! And I know exactly what you mean about Target- that place is a shopper's paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never smoked anything. My husband said he smoked a cigarette once and thought "Wow, I could get addicted to this." so he never did it again. Good choice on his part--I start coughing the instant I smell smoke and I never would have married a smoker!

    ReplyDelete