Noah: Eleven Months

Oct 31, 2013

Mommy fail months 8-10...oops!
Dear Noah,

You are officially 11 months! We seriously can't believe that in one more month you're going to be ONE! This year has flown by. You bring more joy to our lives than we ever thought possible. You're getting to be such a big boy and I notice changes almost every day. 

You're still an amazing eater, although we think your taste buds have matured because you're getting picky. You now refuse brussel sprouts, anything else green and leafy, and squash. We have to put your veggies on your plate first or you'll gobble up the meat and ignore the veggies. You're a steak guy like your daddy, I guess! 
Our routine goes something like this....you wake up between 6:30 & 7a, you eat breakfast while watching the Disney app on the iPad, we play and watch some cartoons and play some more, you get tired and take a nap around 11am and usually sleep for an hour or so, wake up and have lunch to more Disney on the iPad, you play while I do chores, we play or go out into town for a walk, etc, then we come home and play some more until Daddy gets home. You get so excited when he gets home! About an hour before he should arrive, I always build up his arrival with "Da-da's coming! He's on his way!" and your eyebrows shoot up and you look straight to the door. Daddy plays with you while I get dinner ready then he gives you a bath, lets you run around naked for a little, and then you head to bed.

Oh, bedtime. You've given us a challenge with this lately. Since we got home from our trip to Virginia in the middle of September, we've transitioned you to your own crib and room. Co-sleeping has been wonderful, but it just isn't working for us anymore. I've spent many hours up at night shuffling, rocking, or nursing you back to sleep. There have been good nights, and not so good nights. The best night is when you slept six hours straight, then another two. I almost cried for joy. We know you'll get there eventually, and until then, you're welcome to join us in bed at 3am (mostly because I'm too tired to try to do the "mommy shuffle" anymore. 

You're signing more now. You sign "more", "finished", "bye" & "eat". We're working on "mommy", "daddy", "go", & "outside". When we sign to you, you usually sign back and it makes no sense. I can't wait until we can have conversations! You love "signing" with your Papi over Facetime. You can actually verbally say "mama", "dada", "out", "done" and I SWEAR your pointed at the iPad yesterday and gave a high-pitched "mouse"!

Last month we got you a tent with tunnels and you really only go in there to take care of business. If we can't find you, we look in there. Most of the time we don't need to because we hear you grunting first! You love being outside, don't really sit still for us to read to you, and never let me unload the dishwasher without being right there. When we laugh out loud, you think we're laughing at you and you slap your own face to keep us laughing. You love tickle attacks and your little squishy butt is ticklish.
























This time I have as your mommy with you under my wing is precious to me and I thank God every single day for making me your mommy! I can't wait to throw you an awesome first birthday party next month. And yes, you get a smash cake. Although it's going to be as healthy as I can make it!

Now stop growing so fast!

Love, Mommy

5 comments:

  1. I literally laughed out load at the hiding in the tunnel to poop! What a cutie! My LO still doesn't like squash and is a great eater too. Our dr said meat is actually harder to get kids to eat so if he's eating that you're doing great! You can always find ways to hide veggies - it's a lot harder to hide meat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love how you did a different background for each month, I should have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are gorgeous! He is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. he's such a cutie! hehe tickly butt! so cute that he hides to take care of business haha

    ReplyDelete