Milk + Crown | Breast Cancer Awareness

Oct 16, 2013

Today, I'm excited to introduce you to Kristyn from Milk + Crown! Not only is she an amazing writer, an inspiring blogger, a creator of beautiful jewelry, and just downright beautiful, she also has an amazing heart for helping others. I'm honored to have her on the blog today to introduce to you her initiative to help support women who have been, or will be, diagnosed with breast cancer. Without further ado....

Hi Hey Kelsea Rae readers! I'm Kristyn and I run a jewelry shop called Milk + Crown, where I enjoy making simple, delicate and modern jewelry for everyday wear. I love using my passion for design to help others, which is why I'm partnering with the Young Survival Coalition (YSC) in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness this month.
The Lucy necklace is a delicate and beautiful pink crystal necklace, exclusively made and available for October. I chose the name Lucy because it means light, a symbol of hope. Wear it in honor, buy it in memory, or gift it to a woman you know. Even if you don't know someone who has battled breast cancer, the necklace is versatile enough to wear everyday--and you'll be donating to an awesome cause!

1 in 8 women are diagnosed with breast cancer each year. So, I am donating $8 of every Lucy necklace I sell to the YSC, an organization dedicated to helping young women facing breast cancer today. My goal is to raise $232. A strange number right? Well, 232,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year. In order to reach this goal, I need to sell 27 more necklaces. 

I would love to be able to help make a difference for young women with breast cancer, but I need your support! Please consider purchasing the Lucy necklace from Milk + Crown before October is over, and in the meantime, spread the word. Not only will you get a gift yourself, you'll be giving an even greater one to women in need!
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
A huge thanks to Kristyn for introducing us not only to her generous cause, but also to her amazing jewelry. If you haven't already, please check out her Etsy shop and consider if this necklace and its donation is for you! I love that there are others in the world, both people and organizations, who don't want to see women walk this scary journey alone. The key to making it through anything is an amazing support system, and whether through money or time spent or hands held or prayers lifted, I think any effort to form that for the women  in your life who have been affected by breast cancer is wonderful.

Do you know someone who has been the "1 in 8" woman diagnosed with breast cancer at any point in her life? 
What are some of your ways to show her love & support?

4 comments:

  1. I am loving the changes to your blog layout! Looks fabulous. :]

    XO
    -Samantha
    http://substanceandsoul.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for having me, Kelsea!

    ReplyDelete