Links to Love

Oct 18, 2013

This picture has nothing to do with today's post, but boy, isn't he just the cutest? He loves an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with breakfast!















I love writing, and I really love reading. Blogging combines both of those into this wonderful online community that give you an outlet for your thoughts and creativity and the opportunity to read the thoughts and be inspired by the creativity of others. I come across so many posts & articles each week that inspire me, make me laugh, stoke my passions, or give me a different outlook on life. Here are five recent posts that did at least one of those things for me this week.....

one | I often say "I just don't have time for that" to some things, which actually sounds a lot like complaining, even though that's not usually how I feel. Using that phrase made me sound like I was just a victim to my lifestyle. Then I read a post about priorities and re-wording that statement to be more true, such as "that's not a priority for me". And wow, I feel like I'm taking back some power when I say that. I'm in control of my time, I choose how it is spent and what is important, and using new language communicates all of that.

two | I laughed out loud at this advice to a mom whose fear is that her daughter will turn out like good ol' Miley. Interesting method, but I'd bet money that it would work!

three | In the wake of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day on the 15th, I was brought to tears by these words of a mama who, like myself, has experienced loss, but is much more eloquent than I at putting her feelings into words.

four | Any post by this girl inspires me to be a better photographer (I use that term loosely!). Her pictures are breathtaking. I got my 35mm prime lens because of her and am continually in awe of her talent.

five | I LOVE that a dad is finally getting up on his soap box and broaching/defending  the stay-at-home-mom. I can't even begin to tell you what comes up for me when I hear these typical comments when someone finds out I stay at home, and frankly, I'm tired of feeling like I need to apologize for this choice we've made. He says it better than I do, though!
 
Today, I'm linking up with the Five on Friday gals - Natasha, Darci, April, and Christina

Also, you should visit again Monday. I may or may not be doing a giveaway. Ok, I am doing a giveaway, so come enter! 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for including me! I'm off to read Casey's post now. Her blog always motivates me in the best way. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just about to go and read #5. I am SO excited, you have no idea lol. I've only been asked what I do all day twice and I just laugh... sure it's different than a 9-5 job but staying home to look after kid(s) isn't as easy as some people think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to number 2! So funny. And number 5 is pretty awesome too. I read that last week, and as a SAHM, it gave me a ton of validation. Although, no one has ever asked me why I do all day. I think it's because I live in a smaller community where the majority of women stay home. Luckily, because that question is just rude and ridiculous. BTW, your son is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah! that Miley advice is great!! so funny.

    ReplyDelete