A little sunshine

Oct 3, 2013


It's been a pretty good week all around. I'm back home with my two favorite guys, transitioning Noah from co-sleeping to his crib is going better than I thought, the blog got a makeover, and to make me smile even more, I was nominated for a Sunshine Award from Susannah at Simple Moments Stick.The Sunshine Award is similar to the Liebster Award and is given to 11 bloggers of your choice who just bring a little sunshine into your world.

Like the Liebster Award, here's the drill: Answer 11 questions, nominate 11 bloggers, and ask 11 questions!

11 ANSWERS
1 |   What's your most embarrassing story (yep, starting out with a hard one!)?
Oh, goodness! I know I have embarrassing moments, but for the life of me I can't remember any.  I think it's because I subconsciously block them out of my memory!
2 |  Who (living or dead) do you admire most and why?
Even though  I know all of his many faults, I'd have to say I admire my husband the most. He's a hard worker, knows just about everything (seriously, everything about anything!), and is an amazing dad to Noah. He's the one I go to when I have a question, he can fix just about anything or teach himself how, and deep down he's got a good heart.
3 |  If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
I'd be invisible. I think I'd use it to spy on people who I know are, in the words of any rapper, frontin'. I'd find out who they are behind closed doors. Well, most doors! Also, I have days I hate being in public. I'd use it then, too!
4 |  What is one quote that speaks to your heart?
"Forever is comprised of nows" - Emily Dickenson
5 |  What is your favorite and least favorite chore?
Favorite- unloading the dishwasher. (OCD, here!) Least Favorite- cleaning the bathroom! Yuck!
6 |  Where do you get blogging inspiration?
I get inspiration from all kinds of different places....from other bloggers, from situations I'm going through personally, from motherhood, from friends & family, and sometimes I'm inspired by articles I read in magazines or online.
7 |  What is your dream job (that's AWESOME if it's the one you've got!)?
I've got my dream job and I feel so blessed! I stay at home with our son and will eventually homeschool our children when they reach school age. 
8 |  If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Greece!
9 |  What's your favorite TV show?
Parenthood on NBC. It never fails that I cry every single episode!
10 |  When and where do you blog?
At night on the couch. Usually after the guys are in bed and I've got an hour to myself.
11 |  What do you like most about my blog? Haha. Just kidding. The real question is: What's your favorite thing about blogging?
I love that Susannah is so outspoken about her faith! :) As for the last part of the question- Aside from the inspiration I get from others, I LOVE personally interacting with other bloggers, especially when you find someone with which you have a great connection. 

Blogs that leave me smiling...

Kristyn @ Milk + Crown
Maria @ Little Tree Vintage
Jessica @ Swish and Swoon
Tere @ AleandTere
Ashley @ The Stork and the Beanstalk
Nicole @ Today Is My Favorite
Tiffany @ Monuments and Melodies
Jen @ Boone + Owl
Stephanie @ Newlyweds:North
Chelsea @ Lost in Travels
O.E. @ Girl Meets Baby

11 QUESTIONS
1 | If you had to pick....Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?
2 | What is your favorite fall dessert?
3 | What is something you're passionate about?
4 | Retell the most recent dream you had.
5 | Introvert or Extrovert?
6 | Last book you read.
7 | If you only had $20 to spend at Target, to which section would you go?
8 | Your favorite magazine.
9 | If you could ask your hero one question, what would it be?
10 | Back roads\scenic route or quickest way\highway?
11 | Why did you start your blog?

Happy Thursday!

8 comments:

  1. amen to being invisible. sometimes a girl just wants her space, no?
    and staying at home is such a blessing. love that you plan on homeschooling your babies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for the sweet nomination. You're too kind. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite household chore is vacuuming. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so sweet! Thank you for nominating me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your answers to these questions! Posts like this are always fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love posts like this! It's always so much fun. And can I just say - again - how much I love the new blog?! So lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, thanks for nominating me! Your blog would be on my list too :) And okay, I would definitely choose invisibility as my super power. I think it's so sweet that you admire your husband the most, by the way! :)

    Here are my answers....
    1 | If you had to pick....Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? Harry Potter. I read the books and grew up with it. We are best friends.
    2 | What is your favorite fall dessert? Apple pie!
    3 | What is something you're passionate about? Writing :)
    4 | Retell the most recent dream you had. I met an old friend at Starbucks. It was pretty normal, actually.
    5 | Introvert or Extrovert? Introvert.
    6 | Last book you read. Dust Tracks on the Road.
    7 | If you only had $20 to spend at Target, to which section would you go? Clothing section! Although I need a new purse...
    8 | Your favorite magazine. Darling or Verily.
    9 | If you could ask your hero one question, what would it be? How did you find the courage?
    10 | Back roads\scenic route or quickest way\highway? Back roads :)
    11 | Why did you start your blog? To help me cope with being in an LDR. But now it's another creative outlet for me!

    Thanks Kelsea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the nomination, girl!
    you're so sweet!
    my answers go live tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete