Girls' Weekend

Oct 14, 2013

This weekend Michael's parents came to visit. Michael and his dad got tickets for the Nebraska vs. Purdue game in Indiana and spent the weekend there, driving back home late Saturday night. Judy, Michael's mom, and I stayed home with Noah, but decided to have some fun of our own. We spent Friday evening shopping in Nashville and decided to drive to Franklin on Saturday to explore.

Before we even got to the heart of downtown Franklin, I knew this was a place we'd have to come again. It reminded me a bit of Charleston, with beautiful architecture, older homes oozing with character and charm, and a great Main Street strip with shops and restaurants. Nashville is usually our go-to for a weekend with no plans, but we've pretty much been everywhere that we want to go. I usually end up going to Target and if you read Thursday's post, you know why that could be a problem. Now that I've been to Franklin, I'm excited to take Michael there and have a new place to experience on the weekends.

We started out at the Farmer's Market, which I have to say is arguably better than Nashville's. We put Noah in the stroller but I quickly got frustrated trying to maneuver it through the crowd and switched him to my Beco Soleil carrier, instead.
Beautiful wine bottles turned soy candles- gorgeous!
The market was great- beautiful produce, live music, and the wonderful aroma of homemade doughnuts (that we had enough self-control to pass a few times without getting in line!). It was the perfect morning and although it felt like a hot morning in July, we were surrounded by my fall favorites- pumpkins, mums, and beautiful fall veggies. We finally decided on some grass fed steaks to bring home for dinner and got some yellow squash, green apples, and organic tomatoes, too. Afterwards we walked around The Factory, a shopping center next to the market with specialty shops and a few restaurants.


By this time we had worked up an appetite and grabbed lunch at the well known Puckett's, a spot supposedly known for celebrity spottings.No such luck this time, I'm afraid. But we did enjoy some great food and the decor was amazing. We relaxed, enjoyed the atmosphere, and chatted through lunch.
The delicious-looking baked goods that were staring me in the face during lunch. I may or may not have drooled, but was strong enough to resist since I've already had my cheat for the week!



Once we enjoyed our lunch, we found a local park to let Noah get some play time in. He loves crawling around in the grass and playing as close to the playground as possible.


We decided to head back into downtown and walked Main Street for awhile, browsing the shops and darting the crowds of people with the stroller. By the time we went down and back both sides we were ready to head home.

I really enjoy days like these where we get out and do something. Exploring a new town with company was even better. Noah is blessed with great grandparents on both sides and we enjoy anytime we have to spend with them.
 photo BlogSignature.png
What about you? How was your weekend?

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great weekend! I know exactly where you were! I use to go there all the time when I was living in Murfreesboro. And I've eaten at the Boat House too! Gosh Kelsea we have so much in common! Noah looks like he's growing like a weed. Take care, friend and have a wonderful and blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The farmer's market looks awesome! As does lunch--I would not have been able to resist those goodies behind the glass ;) Yum! So glad you and your mother-in-law were able to enjoy some time together, looks like a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww sounds like you guys enjoyed yourselves very much! it's always so good to get out and explore, good for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it was a fabulous weekend. I'm so happy you got to enjoy it with your mother in law! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great weekend! Hope the week goes just as well! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww sounds like you girls had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete