fall dreaming

Oct 11, 2013

ONE | TWO | THREE | FOUR | FIVE
Ask anyone who knows me to describe me in a few words, and I'd guarantee at least someone would use the word "dreamer". I've dreamed about my future from a young age...dreamed about plans I'd make, places I'd go, things I'd make, and people I'd do it all with.

I'm always inspired by season changes. I thrive on change and just when I've had enough of one season, another comes in and gives me new things to be excited about every year. I'm inspired to cook differently and try new recipes. I'm inspired by new fashion trends (although I usually catch on four seasons too late). I'm inspired by the colors, and smells, and feel of the air. Michael laughs every time I bring this up, but I keep dreaming up this grand picnic for him to take me on. I've been telling him that's what I've wanted since we were teenagers, but for some reason it just hasn't happened yet. I'm still holding out hope.

In the summer, this picnic looks a lot like a beautiful quilt, sandwiches and fruit, infused water, and me wearing a cute summer dress. In the fall, it looks like plaid, extra blankets to snuggle under, a campfire until midnight, mulled wine, and a warm bowl of chunky soup.

I'll keep dreaming, although I have learned that sometimes expectations don't get you anywhere. Sometimes you've got to gather up the blankets and the wine and start the fire yourself and invite him to come along. And even if he isn't the one to initiate it all, I have a feeling it could still be a pretty good time. 

I'm linking up today with the Five on Friday gals - Natasha, Darci, April, and Christina!

13 comments:

  1. fall is the best season, therefore fall picnics are the best! You should gather up the blankets and whatnot and invite Michael to come along!

    Emmett - Hippie Lace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind having a fall picnic with the family. It's cooler but not too cold that we would freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, your inspiration collage is beautiful! fall picnics sound so much more romantic, don't you think?
    have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful!!! I am quite the dreamer too and I've had to learn to not place my dream expectations on Nate. I hope you are having a wonderful fall, dear girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, cozy post. Makes me want a PSL and a nap, lol. But seriously, I love this time of year and discovering it all over again with my 2 year old as she discovers it for the first time is amazing. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and magical! I'm a dreamer too, and fall always incites new inspiration in me :) I think a cozy picnic sounds wonderful! And romantic ;) You should definitely go for it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I just love all these images together. Perfectly captures the season! I always get adventurous with new recipes when the season changes, especially fall! And I chuckle, because I'm always a year or two behind in style trends as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My absolute favorite time of year! I love fall and all things autumn. I love the crisp air, the colors, the scents, and the autumn goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say you should instigate your dream picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post! Fall is such a sweet reminder of the possibilities of a new season. :) Your blog/you are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful collection of Fall things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love season changes - especially the summer -> fall change with all the leaves changing!

    ReplyDelete