Date Night In

Oct 30, 2013

Date Night In2
Last weekend, Michael and I finally got that date night in I'd been dreaming about. It was one of the first cold nights here in Tennessee and after Noah went to bed we got ourselves ready, put batteries in the monitor, heated up something to drink, and headed for the fire pit. We really needed that. We ended up talking for almost two hours, about everything from family to politics to spirituality to our marriage. It was a lovely night, even if it was spent in a couple lawn chairs with some really bad hot chocolate.

If I could pick a few must-haves for another date night in by the fire, I'd choose a cozy sweater and leggings, warmer boots, a pair of mittens, a couple of warm blankets to sit on and cuddle under, some hot mulled wine (and cute mugs to sip it from), and some dark chocolate...to split of course.

11 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing your fire pit date night! we need to do that ourselves and I think you gave me the motivation! Now to plan a yummy warm drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cozy way to spend a night at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so wonderful, tonight we're supposed to have a date night in too and carve our pumpkin (yes it is really sad that we haven't done it until the day before Halloween) but sitting by a fire sounds even better. No can do for us #apartmentlife :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I want to go on this date!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got a date night. Those really are needed and fall time and dates just seem to go well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We call those sdates! We love when James go to bee early so we can hang!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you got to have your fire-pit date! I think the mulled wine would have been amazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds lovely!! Those times when you get into talks that seemingly last forever...talks about REAL stuff--those are treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! We did a bonfire with mulled wine and our neighbors Sunday night...so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that sounds so lovely kelsea. so good you guys got that chance. wine and a bonfire is always such a good, romantic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this, it takes the little things to remind me to appreciate the nights in that I get with my hubs before there are any kiddos. Can't take any of it for granted!

    ReplyDelete