Love, California [Cara Box Reveal]

Sep 6, 2013

Earlier this month I ran across the Cara Box Exchange over at Wifessionals. I knew I wanted to take part in August and excitedly signed up! Who doesn't love getting something fun in the mail? I also love putting together gifts for others and the thought of making someone I've never met smile sounded fun! This month's theme wasn't really a theme, but each participant was matched with someone else in their stage of life. Because I'm in my twenties and a mama, I was matched with similar life-stage bloggers. A funny coincidence? Both ladies I was connected with are from California! I received a box from Cali and sent one there!

I was so excited when I got my first introductory e-mail from Nicole at Blissfully Blessed. We shared some info, found each other's blogs, and got to know each other a bit! Nicole is a stay-at-home mama like myself with two little boys. She is so creative and loves crafting, cooking, decorating, and most importantly, her family! Also, she dyed her own jeans- pretty much a DIY super-hero in my book!

She was absolutely creative with her box and knew exactly what I would love! Here are the awesome goods....



[one] A sweet note and some awesome lipgloss, nail polish, and hairband.
[two] An awesome set of black and white chevron drinking straws! I love them! 
[three] Some faith-decorated magnetic book marks. These are so nice because they're thin and don't fall out of the book when opened!
[four] Clipboard, adorable notepad, and pen. I don't know if she picked up on it or not, but I'm a list-maker and I love lines and pens and paper- all of those organizational gems! I've used this a ton already!
[five] An adorable set of measuring spoons. I've always wanted a set like these- so cute! And yellow is one of my favorite colors!
[six] Nicole was so sweet and sent something for Noah, too! Isn't it precious?! Here's the tutorial on how she made it!
[not pictured] Nicole made a headband herself out of pretty floral fabric and  it's a perfect fit. I love it!

It was so much fun getting these goodies in the mail. I also had fun putting together and sending my box to Holly in California! Holly blogs over at Little Hip-ster Girl where she writes about her daughter's journey through the diagnosis of hip-dysplasia and their family's life amidst the challenges! This mama is inspirational with all that she has on her plate right now. I sent her some goodies that revolved around "her time"! Check out her reveal here

I was so happy to be part of the exchange and feel like I gained two new blogger friends in the process! And that's the whole point of it! A huge thanks to Kaitlyn at Wifessionals for hosting the Cara Box Exchange.  I'm excited for next month's match-ups! 

Although I veered a bit off topic for today's Blogtember day, I'm still linking up! Haven't joined in the fun yet? It's never too late to join in! :) Happy Friday! We're off to glorious Virginia! Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I love the sweet little items you got this month! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that shirt, how nice that she included something for Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. **New follower! You have a beautiful blog! looking forward to reading more!

    Much love,
    Kate

    www.designermommy13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO fun! I would love to do something like this sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im so glad you liked it! I had so much fun! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete