Hey you in there!

Sep 27, 2013

Oh, Facebook.

I've got a love-hate relationship with this silly site. I end up shaking my head more times than not when I log in and have, for that reason, kind of migrated more towards Instagram these days. 

There have been so many times I've wanted to just reach into someone's computer and shout the following:

Hey distant fourth-cousin-twice-removed,
No! I don't want to play Candy Crush or Farmville or any other game. Your over 200 invites are annoying. I don't care about helping you grow your crops or winning tokens or whatever it is you need to advance to the next level. Stop!


Hey teen girl who just broke up with her tenth boyfriend,
I'm confused. Last week, you said he was the love of your life, that he knew you better than anyone else, and that you'd never let him go. You also posted a ton of kissy-face pictures that made me gag. However in the world did you not make it? 


Hey lady-who-uses-all-caps-no-punctuation-and-misspellings,
HOW DO U NOT REELIZE THAT YOU HAVE AL CAPS DID YOU NOT LOOK AT THE SCREEN AT ALL HOW AM I SPOSED TO KNOW WHEN YOURE SENTENCES END ARE YOU MAD WHILE YOUR TYPING HA HA LOLZ


Hey guy-who-takes-pictures-in-the-bathroom-with-his-shirt-off,
No. Just no. First, no girl is going to want a guy who takes bathroom selfies. She's just not into that. It feels desperate. You don't have one girl to send it to, so you have to put it out there for anyone everyone? Secondly, you do realize you're in the bathroom, right? If your goal is sexy, might I suggest going into a room you don't go #2 in? 


Hey girl-who-posts-extremely-vague-statuses-in-hopes-that-someone-will-ask-questions,
Maybe you're really trying to stick it to the person who offended you. Maybe you don't have someone to talk to about whatever is going on. But really, most people now just scroll right on through those posts because they say one thing.....drama. And ain't nobody got time for that!

Dear gullible-friend,
You do know that your grandma won't actually die if you don't like this post about God, right?


What are some of your Facebook pet peeves? 
Anything just drive you crazy or cause you to hit the "hide"button?

10 comments:

  1. HAHA! This gave me a good chuckle. Many of the reasons I deleted my Facebook account almost a year ago--I just feel like people either brag or complain on there, and frankly it's obnoxious. I find Instagram to be more productive as well, because it keeps us focused on the positive. It's not perfect (i.e., comparison/jealousy can arise there too), but I think in essence, it's a social media platform that works better for me than Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, vaguebooking is the worst! I've had to hide some of my own family members because they kept doing this... drama drama drama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahha! this made me laugh! a good one! well done you - I'm all with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much truth in this post haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelsea, this post literally made me laugh out loud. So much truth to it all. One of my biggest pet peeves on Facebook are when people post vague status updates so then their friends ask what's wrong and then the person has the nerve to get upset because people ask. Really?! Don't put it out there if you don't want people to ask!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, i forgot about the gullible people! that's a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post! I think I have hidden more folks that I have not hidden. FB is a great media if handled correctly but you always some folks that just "don't get it."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, it sounds like we know all the same people! Gag. I feel the same way! Usually, FB gets used as a glorified text messaging system, and I post occasionally for my parents to see what we're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you are probably thinking I'm stalking your blog ... and you are right! I was reading through lots of your posts tonight, which they are very good.

    Biggest Facebook pet peeve: crossfit! Oh my goodness gracious! No one wants to see a picture of the whiteboard of a work out you did along with 3 posts, everyday! Drives me nuts and you know what's funny? I'm a crosfitter. Seriously though, people get sucked way to into it. I've thought about writing my own big blog post about how annoying it is but that would probably offend lots of my friends =)

    ReplyDelete