Dreaming of Greece

Sep 4, 2013

Today's Blogtember challenge: If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do?

If only you knew how much I dreamed about this exact thing...telling our everyday life goodbye and setting out on an adventure, just the three of us. The places that pops into my head over and over again is Greece.

In all my dreaming, f we could take three months off....

We'd rent a little apartment near the blue ocean...

APARTMENTS ON ITHACA ISLAND GREECE
[via]
We'd be on the water every day and bask in the sun...
[via]
We'd wander through town, eat the local food, and make some friends...
[via]
[via]
[via]
[via]
I'd take a cooking class, sit with my husband and watch the sun go down, indulge in good wine, hike to beautiful views, and play with our baby on the beach. We'd hide our watches and clocks and live unrestricted by time or appointments. We'd forget our culture and dive right into this one, taking in everything there is to see and smell and hear and know, and embrace it for its beauty and uniqueness. I'd remind myself to unplug and live in the moment, without phone or camera or blog. And I'd love every minute of it.

19 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I've always wanted to take an extended vacation to Greece too. I'm dreaming of it right there with ya, girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelsea! Greece happens to be on my list for Blogtember Day 2, too! I went to Santorini in college and would love to go back with my husband also. Unplugging and living in the moment is definitely something I need more of, but sure is hard to put that camera down.

    Excited to start following your blog through the rest of Blogtember, and afterward! :)

    http://mrsamandareed.blogspot.com/2013/09/blogtember-day-2-three-months-off.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous. It would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Isn't it? I don't think it would ever get old waking up to views like that!

      Delete
  5. I've only been to Europe once, and it was to spend 11 days in Greece. If I never go anywhere ever again, I think that will more than satisfy. It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greece is one of my favourite places to visit. You have to go to Santorini and watch the sun set, you will love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My family is from Greece, and I seriously cannot even wait to visit. Your photos fuel the wanderlust, that's for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should go! Do you have any extended family there? What a great connection to a beautiful place!

      Delete
  8. haha, I also blog about going to Greece. Well it was one of the place I mentioned.

    Mel
    Mel's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I browsed the link-up list, the more I saw Greece!! No wonder! ;)

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous! I'd love to visit Greece

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! That sounds absolutely dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dream sounds so lovely. I was able to spend a week in Greece for my Senior trip but wasn't able to go to any of the beach towns. I would love to spend time in some of those little cities on the coast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I bet it was still fun, though! That's where I'd want to be- right on the coast with an amazing view every morning. :)

      Delete
  12. those pictures are so wonderful. I could visit Greece now too. I really enjoyed reading our blog today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah, greece! i would adore to visit here, i have never been to europe!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I please go with you? Oh, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Greece does look beautiful! I want to travel to beautiful places if I get three months off too.. I'll have to add Greece to my list!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete