Be Still & Know

Sep 26, 2013

I think a lot. I mean, a lot.

About life, about the state humanity is in, about what the past means and what the future holds. I think about yesterday's conversation and tomorrow's schedule and how I can improve on any number is things in my life. I'm up late at nights worrying, and my brain is on the go unless I'm sleeping.  

Lately, I've been craving alone time for prayer. The kind where you walk deep into the woods, sit on a stump, and just pour your heart out to God. All my fears, doubts, praises, requests, and thoughts- off of my shoulders and laid right at His feet. 

But I also know the extreme value in just being still. In sitting on that same stump and quieting my heart, and experiencing His creation, and breathing stress out, and accepting grace with every breath inward. 

That is something, I think, that He wants more than the words sometimes. For me to quiet down enough to feel His presence, and then rest there for awhile. 

During this period of uncertainty with our move and what the future holds for our little family, I want to practice being quiet more often. I want to surrender my thoughts and worry and allow my heart to be taken captive with His peace. 

Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God"

12 comments:

  1. Aren't you loving Blogtember? It has helped me write so much more! I love it!
    Be sure to check out the giveaway on my blog today! xoxo
    www.styleafterhours.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Reminds me of this verse from Exodus: "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Sending you lots of good thoughts as you make room for quiet in your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been craving the same thing. But it's SO hard when that list of things keeps growing :-) Great post! I just stumbled upon your blog via Blogtember, I'm going to stay and look around a while. You've peeked my interest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many times that I've felt like I need to find in a field of flowers and spend an afternoon praying and singing and listening. I haven't done it, but I know I will one of these days. Thanks again for commenting on my blog earlier so that I could find yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I could have written this post myself. Especially now, I crave that time to speak to God, pour myself out. I need to learn how to be quiet as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I could have written this post myself. Especially now, I crave that time to speak to God, pour myself out. I need to learn how to be quiet as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My very favorite verse. Thanks for this beautiful post. It is hard to turn off the brain sometimes. Thanks for the reminer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, also, that's a very pretty picture of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Just reading the "I'm Kelsea" and this post and my first though was "Can I bet you when I 'grow up?'" I found your blog through the 5 on Friday linkup and I am SO happy to have found it! Truly!!! I'm just getting my feet wet in this blogging world (www.cheersyall-thehoustons.blogspot.com). Thank you for the inspiration...for your faith...and for sharing all of it! You have a new follower in me!!! Thank you! :) Elise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen, Kelsea. Spot on. I'm more often than not pouring out my worries and thoughts to Him, but being quiet in His presence often times brings us greater peace.

    ReplyDelete