What I'm Loving...

Aug 21, 2013

Since discovering the beautiful book Bread & Wine, the images I conjure around dinner have taken a whole new direction. If you've been reading for any amount of time, you already know I'm a sentimentalist to a fault. If an emotional tie can be made, I'll be the first one to feel it. Because of that, I've been inspired to first, have dinner parties and second, make them memorable. Now that we'll be closer to our family, and because I'm determined to put myself out there first thing and make some friends (let's hope I still am this motivated once we get there!), I'm hoping to eventually have plenty of people to invite over for long nights of warm hugs, delicious food, refills of sweet wine, and stories that make us snort with laughter or cry over the memories. 

Needless to say, I've been inspired! And what is a good dinner party without amazing decor? I've been pinning up a storm this week with ideas for how I'd love my dinner parties to be decorated- everything from table settings to outdoor lighting. One can dream, right?

one | two | three | four | five | six | seven
I suppose first you might have to have a place to host these wonderful dinner parties, but we're still working on that part! And whether it is over beautiful tablescapes like these or over paper plates and solo cups, it's really about the company. So far, so good.

Do you and your loved ones do long dinner parties? Or are you for more of a "do something" type of hang out?


Have you entered the Bread & Wine book giveaway yet? If not, click the icon and go enter for a chance to win a copy of this awesome book! Winner will be announced Monday, August 26! 

Overwhelmed by Grace

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so glad to hear how this book has moved you! I bought it a few days ago and cannot wait to start reading it! Love the setting where everyone is sitting on the floor!

    Marie Angelique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you'll enjoy it, I'm sure! It's wonderful! The one where everyone is sitting on the floor is my favorite, too! So cozy!

      Delete
  2. wow. I wan to be at all these parties haha! I found your blog thorough Wildcard Wednesdays! I'm a new follower now because I love you blog. I'd love if you'd check mine out too if you have time!
    Kallie, But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweets,
    I a hosting my first giveaway of clothes,would live if you can enter...
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/08/my-bday-ahai-shopping-giveaway.html?m=0
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hosting a dinner party has been on my list for over two years now. i absolutely love your pins, and i'm so swooning over the one with 'the best night' caption. i mean, the layout and everyone sitting on the ground, is genius. such a comfortable feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only we could recreate these pictures daily. It would make mealtime so much more enjoyable to be surrounded by beauty and by friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are magic - I love this! My boyfriend is in the middle of planning a dinner party, and this is such perfect inspiration. Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only we could recreate them perfectly! Good luck helping him plan! :) Hope it turns out great!

      Delete
  7. I would love to have dinner parties! My hubby hates it, so we have only done it a few times. Booo.... I do so look forward to the holidays, though!

    ReplyDelete