Paleo Dinner Menu for the Week

Aug 29, 2013

If you read my post yesterday about going completely sugar-free, you'd know I'm still kind of in a daze of headache, fogginess, and irritability. But it's slowly, but surely waning. The biggest difference in week two over week one is this menu. I needed flavor if I was going to face my addiction head on and that meant searching for recipes and cooking with a different mindset. A big ol' thanks to Pinterest for being awesome and having tons of resources on candida diet-safe meals and for all the hundreds of paleo recipes floating about. My husband thanks you, too!

[via]
[via]
Every single night this week so far we've looked at each other and wondered out loud why we hadn't been cooking this way before. I thought I was pretty good with using spices, but wow- our taste buds have been amazed with the different foods and flavors. It sounds silly to say that a passion has been born in only a week, but I am finding so much joy in cooking and trying new things. I've been inspired and actually look forward to dinner time and planning next week's menu! A lot of the recipes in my new favorite book, Bread & Wine, could be adapted to fit this way of eating and I'm excited to dive in to the recipes once I finish the stories!

What's on your menu this week? Do you like to tackle new recipes?

5 comments:

  1. Yum!! Sounds and looks amazing! We joked that the spice aisle became our candy aisle when we began paleo - so many options! Are you substituting cauliflower rice for the rice mentioned or something for the quinoa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow these look amazing! I'm going to have to try these out. Michael is a vegetarian so I know he'll enjoy some of these too. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for eating healthy! I cooked a whole chicken this week, and then had left over chicken for chicken salad for lunch and to make chicken and dumpling for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every single one of these sounds really good! I am so glad you posted this! After being so good about giving up sugar for so long, I have gotten back into a terrible cycle of sugar and just generally unhealthy eating. It's a hard habit to break for sure, but once you start staying away it definitely becomes easier. When I slip up once though, I just can't stop. :) Going to add some of these ideas to our menu plan, maybe they'll help me get back on track! Good for you guys! Hope you get to feeling great soon!

    ReplyDelete