Milestones

Aug 20, 2013

My sweet boy is on the move these days. He started crawling about three weeks ago, right after he turned eight months, and hasn't stopped moving since. It's interesting how my days with him have changed since the newborn and tiny infant stage. He's only almost nine months, but he's gone from being held constantly, to sitting up on his own, to being able to entertain himself shortly while sitting in one spot, to full on moving around the entire house at his own free will. My only saving grace is a wonderfully baby-proof house. He's figured out how to open drawers and cabinets and the curtains have become his new entertainment. They're all child-locked and sturdy, of course. 

In one way it's freeing to not have to sit right next to him grabbing this or that for him. I never leave him in a room alone longer than a minute, but I can move around the house pretty freely doing what I need to do knowing that he's entertaining himself or on his way to me (our house is pretty small!). In another way, though, it makes my mama heart ache just a little. He's getting so big. I'm mostly thrilled that he's growing and learning new things and how to overcome even the tiniest challenges. I'm proud that he's doing so well, and under my care, too! But there are times when I just want to stop time for a little and hold him while he lays on me. He rarely does that now, except for when he's nursing. He'll latch on, feel around for a strand of my hair, and work it in and out of his little chubby fingers while he stares up at me. Be still my heart!

Overall, it is the biggest joy to watch him grow and I feel so blessed to be his mama. I'll be right here behind him cheering him on at every milestone, even the ones that remind me the most that he won't be little long. 


Have you entered the Bread & Wine book giveaway yet? If not, click the icon and go enter for a chance to win a copy of this awesome book! Winner will be announced Monday, August 26! 

Overwhelmed by Grace

13 comments:

  1. Aw Kelsea, I can relate too well to your mama heartache... wanting to stop time is a constant. I hope you continue to enjoy all the sweet seconds with Noah, he sure is a cutey! By the way, thank you for the encouraging comments on my blog. I appreciate it so very much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. he looks gorgeous! super cute :) so lucky you to have such a charm around, pretty mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's bittersweet isn't it seeing them grow and change. on one hand it's so amazing so see but on the other it makes you miss the early months of life.

    A child-proofed house is a necessity, isn't it crazy what babies can get into?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heavens, he is absolutely precious! This is such a sweet time for you and that darling little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! Just wait til he walks! Mine walked at nine months and I have been crazy busy since.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is such a precious little man! I'm sure this season will fly by too. Such a good reminder to cherish the moments while we're in them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is so sweet :) I'm glad you're embracing these precious growing moments, I'm sure they pass so quickly! It's so wonderful to watch them become curious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful blog... and your baby is absolutely adorable!!!! LOVE chunky babies!! (Mine were huge) :)

    Much Love..... Jayma | http://JaymasTips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so fun to have a place where you can document milestones like this. And what a milestone! Now you'll have to lock your cabinets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! he's growing so big! I can't believe it's been 9 months.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chubby cheeks and cutie thighs. The best. And absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're my favorite part! ;) Actually all of him is my favorite! Isn't baby chub the best?

      Delete
  12. Aw they are the cutest thing when they try to start walking right? Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete