I'm so excited to be finally sharing our kitchen update on the blog today! It's been completed for about a month now, but it's been usually been a mess right around the time I have free hands to snap some shots! I'm proud of how far our kitchen has come since we moved in.
This entire project was less than $150 and with the help of M's dad and brother, we had 95% of it done in two days. M & I got lazy and took a week to finish the caulking and grouting, but overall it is a really quick project and one that makes a huge difference!
Here is what our kitchen looked like right after we moved in and before the paint job....
|Please excuse the terrible photo quality!|
And here's the newest update with the tile!
Personally I think the tile adds a world of difference. We decided not to use bull-nosed tile to finish the edges because I wanted it to have a crisp, clean finish. Personally, I think bull-nose tile is a little dated for our kitchen. Also, we brought the tile all the way over to the door on the left because there wasn't really a natural finish point anywhere else. Because of that, we had to finish the wall under the bar and I am so glad we did. I think it really adds to the feel of the kitchen and gives guests a "sneak peek" before rounding the corner to see a full view. To finish the edges, I just did a fine line of caulk and made sure it looked smooth.