Keaton Row

Aug 22, 2013

I don't know about you, but sometimes I struggle with putting outfits together. I'm not a good shopper, especially alone, and always leave a store with something I kinda liked and only bought because it was cheaper than the thing I really liked. If you read this post, you'd already know that I was accused of "dressing like a teacher" at age sixteen, and I hate to say it hasn't really improved much. Needless to say, I have been open and willing to take fashion advice!

The other day I was browsing around online when I found a link to Keaton Row. This is an awesome website that connects you with an online stylist who gets to know you some and then puts together a LookBook for you with clothing and accessory suggestions and information on where to get them. It's absolutely free of charge (their FAQ sections states that it is free during their "launch period". I assume they'll eventually start charging if their site takes off!) and you can buy the items directly from their website.


I immediately signed up! I answered a few questions in their style survey, gave my price range, and uploaded a few pictures of myself. A couple of hours later I got an e-mail with three different stylists and their personal Lookbooks. This helped me decided which one I thought would fit me better. I chose Sara Berman as I felt her picks would be outside of my little fashion box, but not crazy! Once I chose her to put together my Lookbook, I had to wait a day to get my "Casual Friday" and "Vacation Getaway" lookbooks.


My favorite Lookbook ended up being Vacation/Getaway. There were some fun options and I loved the dresses!


If I had decided to buy any of the items listed, all I had to do was scroll down and the items were listed along with their price, where they come from, and sizing options.


I love that top dress! And I appreciated that Sara stayed in my price range while giving me some great looks. It was a lot of fun seeing what someone else would pick for me and getting a little inspiration on styles to look for while I'm out shopping. You can request as many Lookbooks as you want and communicate personally with your stylist to discuss different options. Interested in trying it out? Head here to get started and have fun! 

Have you entered the Bread & Wine book giveaway yet? If not, click the icon and go enter for a chance to win a copy of this awesome book! Winner will be announced Monday, August 26! 

Overwhelmed by Grace


6 comments:

  1. Cool idea ill have to check this out. I do love shopping

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea.... I can not put outfits together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome idea! I'm terrible at putting outfits together too. That's why I mainly stick to dresses as opposed to separates. Too much work! I'm definitely going to check this out. This is so not good for my bank account...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want help putting outfits together, check out What Goes With This? We're a fashion community dedicated to outfits. You can post something from your closet or that you're thinking of buying, and the community will recommend things to match it. Try it out and let us know what you think - we're brand new and looking for feedback. Thanks!

      -Ian

      Delete
  4. What fun! I'm totally going to have to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Thanks for publishing this! It is great to see my work out there!!
    I love that you are a fellow blogger! Come check mine out www.fashinny.blogspot.com
    Thanks for choosing me as your stylist! XO

    ReplyDelete