I'm loving...

Aug 7, 2013

A hot bath | I'm a bath lover, especially when I need some alone time. I get the water almost unbearably hot, throw in some Epsom salt and lavender oil, and sink down as far as I can go. Last night I even treated myself to a glass of wine and it was heavenly.


Chocolate chip cookies | After trying and failing a few times, I finally found the best cookie recipe! I've got it memorized now and probably bake them 2-3 night a week. Seriously, they're to die for and I find myself getting irritated when we don't have all the ingredients. Emotional eating, anyone? 

Naptime | Sometimes I love Noah's nap times because that's when I get to take a nap, too. But most of the time I love it because it's the time I use for being online blogging, researching, or just browsing Instagram. I made myself a promise that I wouldn't be on the computer when Noah was awake. I want to be engaging him and spending that time with him, not randomly peeking at him from around the corner of the laptop or my phone. It breaks my heart thinking about him looking up and finding me with my nose in my phone every time. I'm making a conscious effort to put most electronics away when he's awake. Nap time is my indulgence and I actually find I get a lot more done in a concentrated hour than trying to spread it out during bits of baby-free arms throughout the day. It's a win-win- I can browse guilt-free and Noah gets my full attention.


This blog | I am so glad I've started to write more consistently the last couple of months. It has been so much fun not only coming up with posts and sharing my life, but meeting tons of other bloggers and connecting with them. It's really fulfilling in a way and I'm so grateful for those of you who come and read and interact. Having this blog has challenged me in so many ways and forced me to be creative in ways outside of my posts. I've stepped out of my comfort zone, looked for different opportunities to build my blog, and not been afraid to ask for advice along the way. I still feel like I'm trying to find my way, or my "niche", in the blog world. So I guess it's a space in progress, you could say. I daily am tweaking and changing something because it doesn't feel "quite right". I may be asking for opinions soon! 

"100" | As I write this, I currently have 99 followers on GFC! One more and I'll make it to 100! I've been planning a giveaway in honor of this, so stick around and it might just be soon! 

One thing I'm NOT loving is the fact that our Internet is out and our provider has the worst customer service in the world. It's not the easiest thing to do to write a post on your iPhone! Here's to hoping it is miraculously fixed today! Happy Wednesday! 

10 comments:

  1. I take my baths exactly the same way! Really hot, epsom salt, and lavender oil. Love them!

    Congratulations on reaching almost 100 followers! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learned a lot about blogging from other bloggers too. You are doing a fabulous job! I don't know about others but you've definitely have made a difference in my life with your sweet posts. Congrats on almost reaching 100 followers! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh a hot bath or shower is my favorite!!! Just those five min of peacd add heavenly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love baths!! I'm at 99 followers too... just waiting for that next one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're seriously making me want a hot, bath a long nap and a chocolate chip cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am soooo jealous! I'd do anything to sink into a cozy warm bath now. Wish I knew someone with a bog bath I could borrow! Can I come over?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hot baths so much too! They're so wonderful and relaxing! The other night, I was in the bath and Nate brought me in a glass of wine! It was so special. :-)

    Isn't the blogging community fabulous! I love meeting like minded women and connecting with them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha! i was thinking the exact same thing as Colleen...i want a hot bath w/wine, a long nap & a lot of chocolate chip cookies ;) oh, and ps...i really enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bath looks amazing!!! Your son is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to tell you this, but I hate baths. Hate. Yes, it's a strong word. But that's how I feel about it. I'm glad you like them, though :)

    ReplyDelete