I confess!

Aug 16, 2013


One | Noah went a whole week without getting a bath once. He was around 5 months old and we had been busy and out of town. One night I just randomly noticed his baby bath in the tub and tried to remember his last bath. That's when I realized it had been a week! Usually Michael is in charge of bath time so I hadn't thought about it at all. We're usually good about reminding each other!  I felt like such a horrible mama, but thankfully he wasn't eating foods or crawling at the time so he really was never that dirty...

Two | I hardly ever wash my jeans. Is that gross? I honestly only wash them about once every month or two. Jeans are a hard fit for me, so when I find a pair that fit well I don't want to run the risk of shrinking them up or them fitting differently. Also, because a good fit is hard to find, I usually only wear one or two pair of jeans the entire year. Don't judge!

Three | I skipped out on a prayer conference in Brooklyn to take the subway to Manhattan.  Okay, this one I'm not too proud of, but it was the second time I had been to the conference and when you're with your best friend and the round trip bus ride only cost $50, you can't pass up being so close. We left the group at 8am and didn't get back to the Brooklyn Tabernacle until 8pm. Nobody in our group ever found out and we were back to the bus by the time it left. That's when I fell in love with the city. 

Four | I was a bad kid, once. Okay, I really was a good kid, but here's something I'm not proud of... When we were growing up my mom went through a phase where she was pretty strict with what music we listened to. There were certain radio stations we weren't supposed to have on. For my sister and I that was all fine and good until we got in the car with my dad. My dad is deaf. not hard-of-hearing...deaf. We loved rap and turned it to the local "secular" station every time we rode with him because we knew he couldn't hear it. Eventually our family moved out of our legalistic bubble, but I still feel a little shame every time I think about those times. 

Five | Michael and I broke up twice during our six years of dating prior to marriage. Once when I was completely confused about how I felt (understandably so because we started dating a couple years after puberty...what a confusing time anyways, am I right?) and once when some things needed to change and boundaries were being set. The first one lasted about a month and the second, about two weeks. They were two of the hardest times in our dating relationship and they both occurred while we were in college. 

Yep, there's a little about me you probably didn't know. I've got more, but some either aren't blog-worthy or are waaaayyyy to personal to put online! 

Linking up today with the Five on Friday girls - NatashaDarci, April, and Christina!  Have a great weekend! 

9 comments:

  1. Um, I don't think anyone washes their jeans. Right...? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go at least 2-3 days btwn showers:) I only wash my pants every 2nd time (I wear them). Yah, I was mostly a good kid, too, with an occasional mishap:) You "linked" beside me, so I wanted to take a look at your blog:P Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha so funny. Love this. I have some confessions of my own but most I am not down with posting haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I've done all this to some extent or another! No judgement here. =) I'm terrible about remembering bathtime, but I blame mommy brain right now. It's not like we've been playing outside a lot this summer, know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't wash my jeans either ;) What's the point? They last much longer when you only wash them once a month haha. But....for how often I wear them (every day), I should really invest in more than 2 pairs....love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've also done the no bath for a week thing. BUT Maddy was only a few months old and she wasn't stinky. To add, I was exhausted. I mean, felt like I had been beat with a board 24/7 exhausted. No judgements here! :-) Besides, if people read my confessions, I know I would come across as jacked up! LOL.



    ReplyDelete
  7. #2, I have issues finding jeans that fit well so I hardly ever wear them! It's frustrating trying to find a great pair. totally understand how you don't want to wreck them by washing them too much. I usually wash them in cold (no shrinking) lay them flat to try then iron them so they aren't stiff. they maintain their shape and don't fade as quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. number two... the same as me

    ReplyDelete
  9. #2 - My life. haha I'm SO bad about washing jeans!

    ReplyDelete