Five Ways to Tell You've Got Mommy-Brain

Aug 2, 2013



one | You try to put the tortilla chips in the fridge.

two | You somehow hold a yogurt-covered spoon near your head and don't notice the yogurt in your hair and all over your shirt until an hour later. 

three | You spend the entire day thinking it is Wednesday when it's Thursday. The trash pick-up comes and, as you see all your neighbors' trash by the road being picked up, you're more readily convinced that you're the only one who didn't get the memo for the date change than realize you've got the wrong day.

four | You're rinsing out the conditioner in your hair and about to get out of the shower when you realize you don't remember anything you did in the last five minutes, including if you used shampoo or not. 

five | You have a really hard time completing......

Ah, the life of a mama. I wouldn't trade my sweet boy for my fully-functioning brain for a million bucks. In other news, I'm looking forward to the weekend. It's our first of five that will be spent at home with absolutely nowhere we need to be (as of right now. Plans are good at changing, aren't they?).  We plan to go to Nashville's Farmer's Market for groceries and lunch on Saturday and spend the rest of the weekend relaxing and catching up on some house projects.

Linking up today with the Five on Friday crew - NatashaDarci, April, and Christina!  Here's to a glorious weekend! 

13 comments:

  1. fully functioning brain... not sure i remember what that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Mommy brain and I am not even a Mommy! I think that is a bad sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this - hammer to nail you hit it right on the head girlee! Happy weekending!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have to say, #4 is totally me. I forget things so small and random like that...I wonder if it ever gets better? Maybe I need to start doing crossword puzzles to keep my brain "young"? Wait, what were we talking about? :-) www.styleoyster.blogspot.com / www.thegymbunny.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wondered if those brain-games would help, too! I should probably start doing at least something to challenge myself or my brain is seriously going to turn to mush! :)

      Delete
  5. I do some of these things and I can only call myself a dog mom, so don't feel bad. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yes, i agree. i can't for the life of me remember most of the time why i went into another room. i'll just stand there for about ten seconds trying to figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic! My mother-in-law always used to say each kid took half her brain. She has four - said she never had enough brain left to figure out the math with that one. After having my daughter, I totally get it. You have a great list there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha- I love that! We really want a big family, but I'm wondering how in the world it could get any worse!! :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I can't wait to have mommy brain! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, totally been there. Especially on those days when we were up 4+ times a night. Whew. Annnnnd it even happens on days when I've had a full nights rest. It's because of all the juggling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the less sleep the worse it is! But yep, even when I sleep well and take a nap, I feel like I just can't quite keep up. It's ridiculous! Glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  10. mom brain is legit! i use it as an excuse as to not look too crazy when i walk into a room & immediately forget why i went in there in the first place!

    cheers for "no plans-stay at home" weekends!

    ReplyDelete