Wonderfully Made

Jul 31, 2013

Today I'm thrilled to be featured over at Milk & Crown with the beautiful Kristyn. I'm taking part in her Wonderfully Made series- posts written by women, about themselves, in a positive light. Kristyn says these posts are..."What you love about yourselves....women embrace and celebrate who they are...it encourages all of us to be a little kinder- not only with others, but with ourselves".
 It doesn't feel natural to highlight your good side. I'm usually one to roll my eyes when someone tells me I'm pretty, or make a dismissive comment in response to a kind compliment. I hate that I do that. Being humble does not equal self-bashing, nor does being modest in spirit equal never being able to just say "thank you" for a compliment. I'm the worst at this, and I'd like to stop. I'd like to appreciate the way someone else sees me without tearing myself down. I wouldn't tear someone else down, why do it to myself, especially in front of others?!

Easier said than done, but one step I've taken is participating in this series. I've had to purposely sit down, think about my positive attributes and what I like about myself, and let the blog world know. It wasn't easy, but I'm glad I did it. I'd like to think that it's one step closer to accepting myself and breaking down my walls of insecurity. 

If you'd like to read my post, go HERE
To check out the rest of the series and some other great women, go HERE. 

In other news, I recently finished revamping a friend's blog and I'm glad it turned out well. I really enjoy the design process of blogging (as you've probably noticed with my ever-changing blog header and layout)! Leah is a great writer- funny, witty, down-to-earth, and has two adorable munchkins. Check out Behind the Stone Wall
 I really enjoyed working on this and learned a ton more about html in the process. I'd really love to dabble in this as a work-from-home side job, but would need some more practice and experience first. If any of you are interested in a little facelift for your blog, let me know! I'd love to work on something for you! 

That's it for this Wednesday! Head over to Milk & Crown to check out my post there! 
Have a wonderful, wonderful day! 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You did an awesome job on that design. I'm super impressed! I love the idea of that blog series too. I know what you mean about trying to think about yourself positively. Loved your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being featured and great job on the web page :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. visiting over from Kristyn's page! i loved your answer on confidence as well. so many women struggle with finding that right balance, yet so many don't realize how beautiful they truly are. looking forward to getting to you know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yaaay that's awesome you're going to work on the whole self-bashing thing. i think most people do that because they're embarrassed with the attention, but i'm a firm believer that you're the most important person you've got. you're going to live in your skin for many many many years to come, so you might as well love it :)

    and you did an AWESOME job with your friend's blog- i really love the background and the fonts used. you've got a skill :)

    and i loved your comment on my blog about the dish wars. it's great to know i'm not the only one having issues trying to train my guy, haha ;)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so beautiful! If you want to redo my blog, I'd be so happy for you to get some more experience. :)

    ReplyDelete