two years

Jul 9, 2013

Today, Michael and I celebrate two years as husband and wife. I've been thinking a lot lately about our wedding day and how peaceful it was for me, even during the hurry of planning and making ready. I wish I could go back that moment as I walked towards my future husband and just experience it all over again.

These two, short years haven't always been a walk in the park, but every step has been worth it. We've tackled many first in these two years and I can't think of anyone else I'd want beside me. We've stood side-by-side and moved away from family, taken new jobs, bought a house, and started a family. We've changed together. We've seen the other in low places and shared in each other's joys.

Every year I like to put up our vows, as a reminder to myself of the promise I made to God and my husband. They were simple, but I meant them with all of my heart.

"I, Kelsea, take you Michael, to be my husband.
I choose this day to deny myself for you,
to commit my heart and eyes to you alone,
to support,encourage,and love you,
in good times and in bad times,
in rich times and in poor times,
in sickness and in health.
I will challenge you to be God's best,
I will work to be God's best for you,
and I will love you unconditionally.
This is my covenant with you and my God."
 
Happy Anniversary, baby. I love you and always will. 

6 comments:

  1. You guys look fabulous in these pictures!
    My sister's two year anniversary is today as well. I hope you guys have a wonderful time celebrating this beautiful day together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy two years! We are about to celebrate our fourth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I will never forget how absolutely beautiful your wedding was. So glad you're a part of this family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, that just made my heart smile really BIG! I just love knowing that there are still young couples that are "doing it" right. God's richest blessings on many, many more beautiful years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first of all. your blog design is super rad.
    secondly. these wedding photos are super amazing. you guys are cool. :)
    thirdly. i love your honesty about marriage. it's truly the hardest, best thing i have ever done.

    big hugs to you!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete