Miscellany Monday: Flight, Family, & Food

Jul 29, 2013

1. Flying. Noah did so well on our flights to and from Charlotte. Because of his schedule being a little backwards, he was going on very little sleep but still managed to do great! On the flight home we downloaded Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on my phone and it kept him occupied for awhile. We got comments on how well-behaved he was and that definitely helps us not be scared to fly again. 
2. Family. We had a wonderful time with Michael's family over the weekend. His dad scheduled his mom and I facials and massages and they were heavenly after an early morning and a plane ride. We had dinner at a great Italian restaurant Friday night, shopped on Saturday (including Ikea!), ordered CPK pizza and swam Saturday evening, and browsed around Charlotte on Sunday before our flight. We checked out their farmer's market and enjoyed seeing all the different vendors, fruits and veggies, and homemade products.
3. Food. I've really been struggling lately with making the lifestyle changes I know need to happen. It's the worst feeling when you know what food is best, but you still sometimes resort to the junk out there. Michael and I both struggle with this. We've learned so much together, but have a hard time sticking with it. We've taken HUGE strides in changing our lifestyle in other ways, but what we eat has fallen behind. If you look at what we eat for our meals, we do well if we're not eating out. But it's the junk we get while we're out in town or the cookies I make a few nights a week, or the unhealthy restaurants we go to. We're both pretty determined to get a good grip on this and I'd like to highlight that some in my blog. More on that later this week! 

Happy Monday! 


lowercase letters





15 comments:

  1. Oh, so glad little man did so well on his first flight!

    And, what gorgeous pics of the Farmer's Market and the fresh flowers and produce and cute family pics.

    You have a precious family. Here's to a wonderful week! And, I think we all struggle with our eating habits and could definitely do better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lea! We had a great time! Hope your week is wonderful, too!

      Delete
  2. We've spent this year working at making some changes to our lifestyle. It is so so easy to naturally fall back into old habits. looking forward to reading more about the new healthy choices you are making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so easy to fall back into those habits that started so young, for me at least. I'm trying to change that, but it's harder than it sounds!

      Delete
  3. Your baby is absolutely darling!

    Love your photos~the watermelons and peaches look scrumptious!

    Facials and massages and Italian~sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deborah! The facial was my first one and it was heavenly! I may have to make a habit out of it!

      Delete
  4. What a fun weekend!! Those peaches look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelsea, thank you for visiting my blog and allowing me to find yours. It is lovely. Sounds like you had a beautiful visit to Charlotte. The photos of the market are stunning. Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you came over to check it out! We had a wonderful visit and I enjoyed snapping those pictures!

      Delete
  6. You are so pretty. And again, love all your photos. Flying gets harder as they get older :( I just drove so so long with my little guy though and I was shocked at how amazing he did!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you guys are such a cute family. i am completely envious of your hair btw, it's so healthy and long! I know what you mean about eating out - that's the hardest part about trying to get healthy. there are so few restaurants that actually cater to people wanting to eat well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a whirlwind --but sounds like you packed alot of fun in your trip Kelsea.

    As far as the food thing -- it's such a struggle. I've recently started eating Paleo foods and walking every day and I feel so much better. There's some links in my sidebar if you ever want to check it out (and if you are really bored, which I doubt happens very often with that cute little one to raise.)

    Nice to meet you and your lovely family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for safe and fun travels! My son loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a wonderful time!!.... Your little boy is adorable!!...they grow so fast....sigh:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pics! Love you guys too!

    ReplyDelete