Happy Independence Day!

Jul 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day! On Tuesday night my sister and dad up and walked in the door, surprising me from eight hours away! I knew my sister was headed this direction to visit a friend who lives past us, but I thought I wouldn't see her until Saturday, and only her. She's babysitting Noah this weekend while Michael and I go to the wedding of some friends of ours. I was so surprised to see her, and even more surprised when my dad turned the corner a few minutes later. Sneaky, sneaky, I tell ya! But I love surprises, so it was right up my alley!

I'm really excited about this coming weekend. First, Michael is off today and we'll be heading to Nashville tonight for all the fun events downtown. There will be music, dancing, food, and other fun vendors. The Band Perry will be there, followed by the Nashville Symphony and fireworks that make the top 10 list of best Fourth of July fireworks in the nation! I'm so excited that we get to take Noah and that my dad will be here to join us. I'm also excited about bringing my camera and trying to improve my skills. Let's hope I get some good shots! 

I'm also going to treat myself to a new dress for the wedding. I can't tell you the last time I got dressed up. It's that serious, y'all! The hubs and I need this evening away! I'm looking forward to celebrating with our friends, enjoying my husband and some drinks, and getting down with my bad as in terrible dancer self. I'm hoping to find something sexy and I'll be honest, I'm looking forward to not having to worry about wearing something that is nursing-in-public friendly! This doesn't happen often! 

It's going to be a lovely, long weekend and I can't wait! What do you have planned for the holiday weekend?

p.s. - I thought Google Friends Connect was supposed to be nada, zilch, zip as of the first? It's still showing up on my page and I can still keep up with new posts on the My Blogs page. Any ideas?

Updated p.s. : I found THIS article that explains why we won't have to worry about GFC going anywhere! I hope they're right! 

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! You guys look adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your headband! Such great pictures!! I can see all my blogs in Google still too...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these photos. You're so pretty, and I love your headband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw that you are from Nashville! We're headed that way next week- any suggestions for good eats or sightseeing? (:

    Melissa
    acoupleofbeans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, this is a great post from Design Sponge highlighting all the amazing places in Nashville. Design*Sponge:Nashville Guide

      Here's another great post from Natasha at Hello!Happiness. She's a Nashville native and has some great suggestions! Hello!Happiness:Nashville Things To Do

      If you have the time, Burger Up
      is an amazing, AMAZING fancy burger joint in the 12South area. That area of town is super cute and Burger Up offers all local meats and foods. Everything about this place is great from the mood to the decor. I highly recommend it.

      Centennial Park is awesome and a fun place to take some cupcakes from nearby Gigi's. There's always something going on, from amateur musicians and artists to concerts and festivals. There's an amazing path around the entire park with a giant Parthenon-like structure in the middle.

      If you're wanting a night out downtown, Wild Beaver is an all-around fun place to go, complete with karaoke and a mechanical bull. It's the epitome of honky-tonk, ha!

      If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the marvelous suggestions! After reading the posts from Hello! Happiness and Design Sponge, I swear we'll have to stay another week here. (:

    ReplyDelete