share it sunday

Jun 9, 2013

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend! I don't know if you're like me, but I usually have more time on weekends for catching up on some of my favorite blog posts. I'm dropping in today to share a few posts that have really inspired me this week and I'm hoping they'll touch your heart, too, in whatever way it's needing right now.

I know, I know, you're thinking "enough with the baby in the bed pictures!". I just can't help it! This picture of my sweet, sleeping boy has nothing to do with this post, but isn't it just so peaceful to look at? It's all I can do when he's sleeping like this not to want to lay beside him and just bask in my love for this amazing blessing. Ok, mom gush over. 

Carpe Kairos! | I was in tears reading this post by Glennon at Momastery. I have anxiety about twenty years going by in a flash and not having scooped up every moment of every day with my husband, children, and family. Add in post-partum anxiety and the constant worry that something will happen to my loved ones on a daily basis, I have really struggled with feeling the need to have "perfect" moments and not take a single one for granted. This post hit the nail on the head on how I want my perspective to be. I want to have Kairos moments. I want to recognize God's blessings in my life and relish in those moments throughout the day that my soul is captivated by what is in front of me. Many of my sad moments are because of the fact that I won't be able to remember every single feeling, moment, and detail. But that isn't the point, is it?

My Blog Gave Me ADD | Oh how I associate with this silly social media addiction! If you only knew! This post from Jenni at Story of My Life is a great reminder to stop, put the phone away, be present in the moment, and invest in the growing of my brain (not just entertaining it!).

Becoming A Girl I Hate| My favorite part of this post? "If perfection is what we should attain, then why did we need a savior?" by Twiggy at The Dirt Life. There have been so many times I've had a huge wake-up call when I've realized I've become or am slowly becoming the kind of wife, friend, woman that I don't admire or respect. This has happened to me just this past week with Michael and it is such a humbling experience to have to admit to that and repent.

It's amazing how much each of these posts speak to me and at exactly the right time in my life. I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. I feel so alone in my thoughts and feelings and "just happen" to come across a post that brings me to tears and leaves me thinking "Finally, someone else that gets it, too. Someone else who understands. I'm not alone". I hope that if these posts are something you're needing that they speak to you. And I can only hope that some of my posts do the same for someone in the future.

Enjoy the posts and enjoy your Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment