liebster award

Jun 4, 2013

A huge thank you to Allison at The Bauble Dept. for nominating me for this award! Allison is not only a wonderful blogger and a creative genius, she just happens to be my cousin-in-law! She is a talented artist and has just recently opened up her own Esty shop where she sells her beautiful, handmade jewelry! Go check her out! The liebster award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with a following of 200 or less and is passed on from a previous nominee. Thanks so much, Allison!

First, a few ground rules!
-Acknowledge the blog that nominated you in a post.
-Share 11 facts about yourself.
-Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger created.
-Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you believe deserve some recognition.
-Post 11 questions for them to answer.
-Notify all the bloggers selected that they have been nominated.
-And finally, you can't nominate the blog who nominated you.

11 Facts About Me
1| My dad is deaf and I grew up knowing how to sign.
2| I have a sweet tooth that is proportional to the size of my rear.
3| I'd have ten kids if Michael was on board.
4| I'm left-handed with everything except writing.
5| I've been to New York City twice and loved every minute of it.
6| I was accepted into every grad school I applied to, and ended up not going.
7| I'm addicted to Target.
8| The hubs and I dated for 5 and a half years before getting married.
9| I'm super organized & can't stand a mess.
10| I'm cheap. I usually have a $20 or under limit for anything I buy. And it's got to be on sale.
11| I love grocery shopping.

11 Questions For Me
1| What is your favorite thing about yourself (physical or otherwise)?
I'll go with physical- love my hair. I think it's my security blanket, even with all the work it takes for it to look good! My collarbone would have to take 2nd place. It's prominent and thinning. Weird?
2| What country is at the top of your "must visit" list?
Greece. Ever since seeing 'The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants' many years ago, it's been high on my list. I envision beaches, hillsides, wine, and summer dresses.
3| If you could choose your own name, what would it be?
I really enjoy my name. It's spelled different than usual. My middle name is 'Rae' and I really like that as well.
4| Salty or sweet?  
Sweet, all the way!
5| If you had just one whole day off to do absolutely anything you wanted, what would you do? 
Go on a picnic and read! I can't tell you the last time I saw down and read a book interrupted, and it was even longer than that that I've been on a real picnic. I'd pick a spot in the shade, lay down my quilt, have cheese and wine, and read until the sun went down. I keep asking Michael to take me, but I think something's wrong with his memory...
6|  How many states (and or countries) have you lived in?
Two. Virginia until I was 18, Tennessee during my freshman year of college, back to Virginia for the rest of college, and back to Tennessee with Michael when we got married.
7| What one song would best describe your life right now?
Landslide by Stevie Nicks.
8| What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
Reese's.
9| If you became rich and famous, what is the one thing you would splurge on?
A personal trainer who kicked my butt every day.
10| What is your all time favorite tv show?
Friday Night Lights. I spent about a week during my freshman year in college catching up on the first few seasons. I even pulled a few all-nighters because I got hooked and couldn't turn it off. So good!
11| Which decade (or century) would you like to have lived in, and why?
You know, I've always said I wish I would have been born in the 40's and I think it mostly had to do with the style. However, lately I've wished I could have been born in the 19th century on the prairie. I often long for simpler days in which self-sufficiency was vital, distractions were few, and community was cherished. Then other days I'm thankful for electricity, my cell phone, and processed chocolate.

And the nominees are....
1| Kari Burghardt
2| Hey There, Cinderella
3| Straight on the Ground
4| itbritt
5| hellolittlebean
6| Belle to Businesswoman
7| Our Semi Organic Life
8| Bits of Brooke
9| The Murrayed Life
10| Life As Always
11| Heathering Heights

 11 Questions for You
1| In which state were you born?
2| What is your favorite book and why?
3| If you could trade lives with one celebrity for a day who would you choose?
4| One future goal.
5| What is your favorite restaurant?
6| Favorite vacation spot so far and why?
7| What is your most favorite hobby?
8| What is the best thing you've cooked so far?
9| City or Country?
10| If you were given $1000 and had to spend it in the next thirty minutes, how would you spend it?
11| Team Edward or Team Jacob  What is one thing that you can't live without on a daily basis?



  
Congrats to all the nominees! I've enjoyed your blogs and hope you enjoy playing along! If you haven't checked out the blogs linked above, I encourage you to take the time to read their posts, get to know them, and show some blogger love!

6 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks so much, Kelsea! I love your answers. Friday Night Lights was a good one. I've always been fascinated by the 40's, too. I'd probably be too lazy for a life on the prairie, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelsea!! What a sweet honor. :)

    I wish you could go grocery shopping for me right now. That would be amazing. And Friday Night Lights!? I watched the entire series when I was stuck on the couch with morning sickness for about 3 weeks. It got to the point where it would make me nauseous just thinking about it since I associated it with feeling sick, but I powered through because of those Taylors. I felt like I lost my bffs once the show was over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SO very much! =)

    Love it!

    xo,
    Katie
    hellolittlebean.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why thank you, friend, what an honor!

    I think it's so cool that you know ASL, my brother is the same way with left handedness, and are there people out there who AREN'T addicted to Target? :-) My dad and I danced to Landslide at my wedding... I love that song so much.

    Thanks again for the nomination! I'll be sure to do a post on this next week. :-)

    Have a great weekend!

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Reese's as well, my parents ship them to me because I often can't get them in Australia.

    I really want to go to Greece too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog from Sarah at life as always :)
    Congrats on your award!!

    ReplyDelete